Pda net+ foxfi

jackmccarron

Reaction score
As 7779311mm said, you will find all the information you need in the instructions, but the short answer is yes, root is required. Also, the apps that are required to gain access to the SQL file and allow you change the Entitlement value to enable the Verizon Hotspot are mentioned in the same thread. There are two alternatives, you can purchase one app, or you can use a combination of two free apps to accomplish the same function.

Hi FoxKat - Thank you very much for the info. I haven't rooted yet. Could you send me a link explaining how to root my droid razr maxx?

Thanks,
Jack

7779311mm

Reaction score
FYI, Jelly Bean is now supported in the latest FoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) v2.12 build if you have the following Verizon phones: Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Droid 4, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Sorry for the delay! We are slowly adding more phones.

For Motorola Jelly Bean phones FoxFi will ask you to install a certificate. When you do that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first. Please see description about this.

Required:

You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.

Currently WiFi mode may not support some phone models and we are working to expand the supported list. However Bluetooth/USB mode works for all phones. To check and see if WiFi mode can be supported on your phone visit developer's site.

Again you do not need a tether plan or root your phone (otherwise this software will be meaningless). It WiFi mode prompts you to call your carrier that means FoxFi has failed and you should use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.

*If you have T-mobile, you should use USB mode with “Hide Tether Usage” enabled.
*Sprint and AT&T has removed FoxFi from Market. If you can not find FoxFi please install or upgrade from developer's site.

*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when you install any user certificates. We recommend
a. Use a Pattern lock for simplicity. The Motorola PIN lock screen could confuse you.
b. This is the only way FoxFi can enable WiFi mode when you don’t have a tether plan. Use USB mode if you really don’ t want the lock screen.
c. To undo the screen lock you have to remove the FoxFi certificate first (simply select “clear credentials” in security settings).
*The free version has a usage limit that requires you to restart FoxFi to continue using free mode. You can purchase the full version key to unlock this.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won’t be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a “repair” on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.
7. If you install the FoxFi AddOn app, you will also be able to hide tether usage by setting a proxy server address in the computer browser.

f1snob

Reaction score
I can not get this to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. My Galaxy Tablet can pick it up from my wife's Galaxy Note phone, but will not work from my Droid Razr. Her Galaxy note tablet does not see it from my phone either. My phone is unrooted with latest version 4.1.2. I am trying to pick it up on my Galaxy Tablet. Originally it flashed with the hotspot, when I tried to connect it went away. Now it just says "Not In Range". They are sitting next to each other on the desk. I've tried WIFI and Bluetooth and nothing. Even my WIFI computer does not see the WIFI hotspot from the Razr. FoxFi says "WIFI Hotspot Ready" and the box has a green check mark. It seems the signal is not getting out for some reason.

Any ideas?

7779311mm

Reaction score
I can not get this to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. My Galaxy Tablet can pick it up from my wife's Galaxy Note phone, but will not work from my Droid Razr. Her Galaxy note tablet does not see it from my phone either. My phone is unrooted with latest version 4.1.2. I am trying to pick it up on my Galaxy Tablet. Originally it flashed with the hotspot, when I tried to connect it went away. Now it just says "Not In Range". They are sitting next to each other on the desk. I've tried WIFI and Bluetooth and nothing. Even my WIFI computer does not see the WIFI hotspot from the Razr. FoxFi says "WIFI Hotspot Ready" and the box has a green check mark. It seems the signal is not getting out for some reason.

Any ideas?

Did you by chance change the hash info that it tells not to touch at bottom of app?

Also, I've heard reports that should you ever have to change the SSID you should always uninstall/reinstall app before doing this.

mahers

Reaction score
FYI, Jelly Bean is now supported in the latest FoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) v2.12 build if you have the following Verizon phones: Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Droid 4, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Sorry for the delay! We are slowly adding more phones.

For Motorola Jelly Bean phones FoxFi will ask you to install a certificate. When you do that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first. Please see description about this.

I have the Razr Maxx on JB and when I get the popup to install the certificate, I agree, but then I get an error stating, "Certificate Installer has stopped working". Any ideas on what to do to fix this error?

7779311mm

Reaction score
I have the Razr Maxx on JB and when I get the popup to install the certificate, I agree, but then I get an error stating, "Certificate Installer has stopped working". Any ideas on what to do to fix this error?

Not sure about that one...The first. Have you experienced any other issues with your phone? Try uninstalling then re-installing app to see if issue resolved. Have you done any research to see if anyone else have had same issue.

Sorry I couldn't offer any real help.

mahers

Reaction score
Not sure about that one...The first. Have you experienced any other issues with your phone? Try uninstalling then re-installing app to see if issue resolved. Have you done any research to see if anyone else have had same issue.

Sorry I couldn't offer any real help.

I Uninstalled and reinstalled it, no difference. I couldn't find any other issues similar. I am thinking maybe one of my frozen apps is affecting it, so I'm going to try unfreezing everything to see if it may help. I can't think of anything I froze would be responsible, but who knows with Moto! Thanks anyway

Sent from my RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2