PDA Net And Verizon Billing...

nicks124

Reaction score
If you use pda net is there any chance of being billed? I am just nervous since I am getting great speeds and playing games.

vzwtek

Reaction score
If you use pda net is there any chance of being billed? I am just nervous since I am getting great speeds and playing games.

Just try to keep the data usage pretty consistent. {even though its unlimited}.

Again for right now it doesnt matter, but if and when they go to tiered data packages, then it may be a problem.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Use it like crazy, they aren't gonna do anything. Anyone who disagrees, I'd like to see a screen shot proving me wrong. I tether like crazy and use tons of data every month. Nothing is going to happen to you, as I have been doing it for many months with no issue. Enjoy, and ignore anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
They gonna charge you 100$ for the first 100 MB and after that 5$ for MB , that's 5000$ for 1 GB . You won't have enough money to pay the bill and that's gonna damage your credit score , you won't be able to buy a house so your wife will leave you . You're going to die single and miserable because of tethering , or something like that . At least this is what I understood by reading some of the threads over here .

vzwtek

Reaction score
Use it like crazy, they aren't gonna do anything. Anyone who disagrees, I'd like to see a screen shot proving me wrong. I tether like crazy and use tons of data every month. Nothing is going to happen to you, as I have been doing it for many months with no issue. Enjoy, and ignore anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

Like I said, it doesn't matter, for now............

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope it dont matter but we keep abusing the system and then complain when vzw wants to get rid of the unlimited plan. I tether as well but I also have internet at the house. I use the tethering in blackouts, or to check mail every now and then. So those saying use it like crazy, yeah you can but eventually if enough people keep doing that it will be forcing verizon's hand in doing what is economically best for it company.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Use it, don't abuse it. :)

QFT!

I've been using it for months. 10mb here 20mb there without issue. If a bunch of people go nuts with it and start showing tens of gigs of data in a billing cycle thay are increasing the likelyhood they will look into it and possibly ruin it for everyone else.

hapster

Reaction score
Yeah, the people who say "use all you want" don't seem to realize that bandwidth is not infinite. At some point, something's gotta give.

Sent from my Droid

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I'm also mindful of how much I use. But don't you think Verizon did the math before they opened the floodgates to the smart phone market? They had to have known. If they were indeed careless with their foresight then they are to blame. It should have been obvious to them as it is to us. Unlimited=no limits.

vzwtek

Reaction score
I'm also mindful of how much I use. But don't you think Verizon did the math before they opened the floodgates to the smart phone market? They had to have known. If they were indeed careless with their foresight then they are to blame. It should have been obvious to them as it is to us. Unlimited=no limits.

No, Verizon did the math. But if you look at your agreement to use their network, any penalizing use of data on their network can lead to either the suspension or termination of your account. So like i said...... it wont matter for now............

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Verizon did do the math. Unlimited=phone. Unlimited!=tethering.

erikfig

Reaction score

Exactly!! I thether like a serial killer!! My kids on youtube plus my wife and me on the other end watching Frontline pbs and online movies. Verizon don' give a damm!

And please all! Stop the freaking rumor of Verizon and and the limited data plans!

That is not gonna happends. One of my family members works on he marketing site for he company and that is not even considered by Verizon yet so stopped!!!!!!

Just tether and freaking enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

kwyjibo3

Reaction score
Verizon CFO John Killian:
"We have indicated in the past, as we move to an LTE world and LTE pricing, we will probably look very hard at tiered pricing, and that continues to be our thinking right now. So more to come on that. By the way, I should say that all of our efforts, all of our plans on getting LTE launched in the fourth quarter are on schedule."