PC tethering

dteeter

Reaction score
I have read & read trying to figure out why my pc won't see my droids wifi? I rooted the droid via z4root, then installed wife tether app.. .all went well. ..it works fine on the phone, shows wifi is on and working, but, my laptop won't see the wifi? I have tried other laptops as well to see if it is something with mine. ..but no luck. I have played with the different channels in the droid wifi settings, but, can seem to find the missing link. I feel I am almost there. ..need a little help! Thanks

OP
D

dteeter

Reaction score
I attempting to figure this out. ..when I start the wifi. ..it appears to be working fine on the phone, but, the pc doesn't pickup a connection. When I attempt to close the wifi tether app. ..it gives me a message that wifi tethering was not able to start. . .is the phone rooted? Then another message appears that says the phone is in an "unknown state" and to reboot? Then the app hangs during the "stop tethering" process. . .saying please wait while stopping. ..which goes on indefinitely?

I did go back into z4root and rerooted. ..which didn't change anything. I have tried to delete the wifi tether app, but, it won't allow me to delete it? HELP!

biknut1

Reaction score
wifi

I attempting to figure this out. ..when I start the wifi. ..it appears to be working fine on the phone, but, the pc doesn't pickup a connection. When I attempt to close the wifi tether app. ..it gives me a message that wifi tethering was not able to start. . .is the phone rooted? Then another message appears that says the phone is in an "unknown state" and to reboot? Then the app hangs during the "stop tethering" process. . .saying please wait while stopping. ..which goes on indefinitely?

I did go back into z4root and rerooted. ..which didn't change anything. I have tried to delete the wifi tether app, but, it won't allow me to delete it? HELP!

It appears that your phone may be partially rooted. I don't know how that happens, but seems like sometimes it just get completely finished. I would try unrooting maybe 3 times in a row. There are plenty of app uninstallers in the market that will get rid of your wifi tether app. Unroot a few times, delete the app until you can't find it, reboot the phone, then start all over again. Maybe try rooting a couple of time before you try wifi. Hope this helps!