PC Terminal emulator, GUI?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Flowah, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Flowah

Flowah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I've rooted the Droid, and I've been using Better Terminal Emulator Pro on my Droid to do things like put in the transparent notificaiton bar, a new boot screen. But it's getting kinda tedious to type it out on the Droid when I could move so much faster on a PC keyboard.

Is there a way besides the command prompt? Is there some sort of GUI that makes it more user friendly? Or is there a way to shortcut the constant mount -o rw,remount stuff?

2. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    use adb shell and you can copy n paste command if you got them saved in a text file on a pc its i dont experiment with linux commands as i am learning and no way to unbrick yet so i usually wait for someone or ask what commands i need to type to do the job and i copy n paste lines in if and when i can....exception being when im using a different directory as someone else.........easiest way for me anyways and many thanks to everyone whos posted commands for me to get the job done or have posted screenshots for us to see.

3. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, I do most of my work through adb shell because it gives me the use of a full size keyboard.

4. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont like the terminals on droid. Reason being such a hi res screen and small font and one or two of the emulators the cursor block hides over the last letter u typed example i type cd /system/bin i see on the screen cd/system/bi the n is covered by blinking cursor and in some case a comma or period is not seen till i type 2 or 3 more characters

5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I will third the above. I use adb shell from SDK, and I can copy and paste the commands from a text or pdf file. What I have been doing is pdfing everything that I have done, and that I can lay my hands on. Still trying to figiure out a decent scripting method....

But, one thing about going through terminal on the phone for me is it has enhanced my droid keyboard typing skills. But then I do not text, so any help I can give myself is good.

Craig

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tdawg,

Sorry if this is obvious to you, but with Terminal Emulator I go into the menu screen and can change the font size up to 20 pts, I think. No problems with not seeing characters other than line wrap. Plus I can select the background/text color.

Craig

7. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thx I have no clue how i missed that i feel dumb, well my excuse now isnmy big thumbs and droids keyboard....I stand corrected.....partially

8. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tdawg,

I am with you man, it took me a while to snap to the fact that just because it was terminal, I should try pressing the menu button to see what might be there. Those little fonts actaully caused me to downlaod SDK and adb before I had my v-8 moment. And, I cannot tell you how many times I go for the alt key to get numbers and end up "searching". And my thumbs are not all that fat.........

Craig

9. lvlln

lvlln Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like adb, but is there a way to get a better, more fully featured shell on the PC to access your Droid? For example, auto-complete of filenames using tab is non-existent on adb. And the command line doesn't tell you what folder you're running from. Little things like that that are in cmd or cygwin.

Search tags for this page
adjust font size in android terminal

android terminal emulator for pc

android terminal emulator on pc

android terminal emulator pc

android terminal emulator with transparency on menu

android terminal from pc

android terminal gui
gui android emulator pc
how do i increase the font size in android terminal emulator
how to transparent background with terminal emulator on android