PC charging problems?

Hobn

Reaction score
I often get strange behavior from my Droid X such as self-reboots after freezing for a short while or when I shut off my phone. These reboots skip the M logo and start at the Droid logo. There's also when my phone is slower than usual, and the search/home/etc buttons stay lit after turning off the screen. However this usually only happens when I'm at home, so I'm guessing either wifi or pc charging or both are at fault.

EDIT: I also have issues with my lock screen where there seems to be a certain spot where my touch input is disabled, and I have the pattern lock. Clicking off and back on fixes it though. I use a zagg full body protector, stock 2.2, also think launcher pro might have something to do with this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I call it a soft reboot, the android system server is likely crashing and causing what appears to be a fast reboot. Is your device rooted?

OP
Hobn

Hobn

Reaction score
Nope, stock 2.2. By server, you mean something not on my phone?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
No I mean something is crashing a local system level process..I'm not sure what type of logs you can get access to without root to find out what.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Try pinpointing the issue using the market application "CatLog".

OP
Hobn

Hobn

Reaction score
Everytime I powered off my phone this week, including when it ran out of batteries, it did a soft reboot.

OP
Hobn

Hobn

Reaction score
I installed the apps I never use, and replaced LauncherPro with Go Launcher, working fine so far.