Payment / Market Place / Problem

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, I have a valid credit card and I have attempted to purchase two programs, and I have waited over 13 minutes and the animated bar remains frozen, and in small letters it says it's authorizing, mean while back at google check out, I am told that I just purchased the program. If this keeps up, I am not going to have any money for Christmas gifts. Anyone for my sanity have had problems with this stupid market place / google check out?

MICP1480

Last edited:

phone

Reaction score
I had that happen to me once. I just waited for about half a day and then it went through OK.
Kent

DebDroid

Reaction score
That happened to me. Was unable to purchase as my bank does not allow international transactions. I really really wanted the pure calendar apparently. :-(

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to play detective here, so the purchase of the programs are immediately transacted by google checkout, but the authorization like I said, is taking anywhere from mega minutes, hours, and as one person mention, a day. I think by looking at the price of the program, which is in Euro, is telling me that this is where the delay is, not that it has to be converted over to US dollars, but where this program is originating from. I wish that they would tell you how long it can take for these programs to download, but I guess if they did no one would want to purchase them. On the other hand, if you wait 20 minutes like I did, you would want to cancel any way.

phone

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to play detective here, so the purchase of the programs are immediately transacted by google checkout, but the authorization like I said, is taking anywhere from mega minutes, hours, and as one person mention, a day. I think by looking at the price of the program, which is in Euro, is telling me that this is where the delay is, not that it has to be converted over to US dollars, but where this program is originating from. I wish that they would tell you how long it can take for these programs to download, but I guess if they did no one would want to purchase them. On the other hand, if you wait 20 minutes like I did, you would want to cancel any way.

If it says "authorizing" it's more than likely an issue between Google Checkout and your bank/card.

https://checkout.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105940

Authorizations

Authorizations occur between our billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. Because the order has been cancelled, the pending authorization will not result in a charge.

You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between our billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.

When you check your bank account or credit card statement, payment authorizations are often listed as "pending." These transactions might remain in your account between 1-14 business days, depending on your card-issuing bank. Please keep in mind they are authorization requests only, not actual charges.

Authorizations can remain in your account anywhere from 24 hours up to 14 business days, depending on the bank. You may contact your bank to confirm the charge for your purchase with Google or to check on the authorization status.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, apparently there is a problem with their system, I have NEVER once had any problems with PayPal, all my purchases were immediate, and I was never charged an extra dollar or whatever BS they give you. I think it's all a scam. I try loading a program yesterday four times and now have $4.00 deducted from my account. Like I said, a scam.

Shaalan

Reaction score
I bought two sets of electronic RCP ringtones. The first purchase went right through. The second got hung up on the authorization. I contacted the developer who was very cool and extremely responsive. He emailed me the app which I then installed through my computer. That process was quick and painless. While the problem seems to be with marketpace (don't blame the developer) the developer might be able to help out.