Paying Verizon for no data

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Howling, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Howling

Howling New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sick of the no data issues with the Bionic, and pissed that I pay Verizon a decent amount of money every month for unlimited data when I can hardly use my damn phone the way I want to. Rant off.

I realize that I can try the Ice Cream leak but why should I have to do this when the phone should work correctly.

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    Is your phone stock or rooted? If you have limited or no data, then you need to talk to VZW Tech Support.

3. Howling

Howling New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Phone is stock running 905, I know that is part of the problem but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable about rooting my phone.

4. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you on that. I pay way too much a month plus I got mine on release day so I paid $300 for it!

5. Otakulad

Otakulad Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am having the same problem. You need to call and complain to Verizon about the issue. They have given me two $60 credits (two lines affected) because the data keeps dropping. Maybe if they give out enough of these credits they will finally push the OTA update.

6. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    you don't have to root your phone to use one of the ICS leaks, the House of Bionic script does an awesome job of automating the process. As long as you don't go above the .232 leak then you will be able to get back to 905 if it doesn't solve your data problems.

7. Jumper2501

Jumper2501 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also tired of no data

Maybe I need to do this, too. I'm in the same boat as the OP. My data has been spotty to non-existent for months. I did reach out to Verizon support asking whether I could get them to push an ICS OTA, and got a very helpful rep. Looking at my usage from May, before I ran into trouble, she understood my claim that I couldn't get a reliable data connection. She also said she could find nothing on an ICS OTA for the Bionic going as far out as November.

I was so frustrated I was ready to upgrade to a Galaxy S3, if I could have kept my legacy unlimited data plan, but the system wouldn't let me, and -- kudos to her -- she spent over 30 minutes trying to get around it. Tech support catches enough h*ll from everyone, including me, I like to give credit when it's due.

8. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Just flash the ics leak thru stock recovery. I have 232 leak i can send ya if you need it.

9. Jumper2501

Jumper2501 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This afternoon, I flashed to .232 through stock recovery, and I have to say I'm extremely pleased. I've had consistent data since the switch.

10. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Awesome. I am glad you did it. 232 is very solid. The only data issues I have are switching between 4g and 3g. But, it does not happen very often. Once, maybe twice a day. So, I guess that is really not an issue since it is supposed to turn to 3g when you lose 4g.

11. Underwater Mike

Ratings:
    +0
    OP, I'm confused. If you're running a stock phone and having issues, why not just return it for warranty service?

12. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Its not a hardware problem its the GB software it was just a bad build ICS fixes all the problems

Search tags for this page

verizon droid bionic motorola is it part of the reachout wir