Paying $50 for an app...this should be easy for those of you that know what to do.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Matth3w, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    It's really quite simple. The features are out there and easy to modify for coders, because there are a million programs that do 75% of what I want and I know they could do the 25% but don't.

I am willing to pay 50 bucks if you set it up exactly how I want it. I'm sure more people would contribute as well (at least one more person on here said they'd pay for it), and you could probably charge a buck on the marketplace as well because you would have the ONLY app that does this.

This is all I want:

- I want an app that takes two clicks (one to open, one to make a selection, with an auto close of the app after you make the selection). Make it a widget that looks like the system power widget and I'd toss an extra 25 bucks for you.

- This widget or app would give you selections on your ringtone profile.

This is the important part, that NO OTHER app does:

- I want three settings at minimum: one that allows you to turn every single notification volume off with the exception of the Alarm and Ringer; one that puts EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! on vibrate (notifications, rings, alarm, calendar events, you name it), and one that sets EVERYTHING on regular volume (able to custom set)...you would probably want to add one that makes everything just silent, I know a lot of people use that, but it is not a requirement to get the money from me.

Here is how I know it can be done:

- There are plenty of widgets and programs out there that set everything to vibrate and it works fine. For example, Beautiful Vibrate, Ring Toggle, etc...all have vibrate toggles that turn EVERYTHING on vibrate with one click.

- There are too many other programs to count that allow you to adjust custom ring profiles to set just the ringer and alarm to on and everything else to off.

- Ring Toggle would be a PERFECT application...however, there is no setting just to have the ringer and alarm ring and everything else silent. So if you need an application to mold from, that is simple, works, etc...look at Ring Toggle for free on the Market...and simply add an option to adjust how loud you want the ring to be (optional), and add a setting so that the Ringer and Alarm sound but nothing else. Call it Alarm Mode or Sleep Mode or something like that.

My issue is that no program out there allows me to have the three settings that I want at the touch of a button, and I am willing to pay to correct this problem.

- Night (everything but alarm and ringer OFF/SILENT)
    - Home (everything on 70% volume)
    - Other (EVERYTHING to include ALL notifications on VIBRATE)

I know someone out there can do this. I'm sure of it. Why it hasn't been done already is completely beyond me.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  2. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

You can make $50 working at mcdonalds for an afternoon, why would someone develop an entire application for your 50 bucks, the time it would take to develop would probably mean they would be working for pennies an hour

Edit: look up timeriffic in the marketplace it does a lot of, if not all of what you want to do
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Just use locale, set it and forget it.... it's pretty simple, you will never have to adjust again.
  4. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

:icon_ devil: Does this quailify you for the 50 bucks now? :icon_ devil:
  5. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

i'd say 40 since locale will cost him 10
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Locale is garbage. It never works correctly. It takes at least 15 minutes to change and rarely turns my wifi back on when I get home. Locale is a perfect example of too complicated for its own good.
  7. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

Like I said before, timeriffic, its free
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

I don't want timing. I don't live my life by a strict schedule. I just want a button push
  9. Houndstooth

Houndstooth New Member

10. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I have been using it for a couple of months now with no issues, every morning I walk in the office it turn on my wireless, changed all calls and alerts to vibrate..... when I go to lunch or leave for the day they revert and it works great.

When I get home the volume level goes down and wifi is on again.... when it's 9pm it goes to vibrate, at midnight it goes to silent.

Works like a dream for me.
  11. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

You can set it by location or time.... loosen up a little :)
  12. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

I definitely don't want it by location. I would use locale if I wanted those settings. For right now I'm going to use bedside at night and ring toggle during the day. Bedside silences all notifications while active but will allow calls and alarms to work. Then when you shut it down it reverts to the last setting in ring toggle. Kind of a round about way to get it to work, still not really what I wanted. Amazing that you have to go through all this bull**** when it should be a simple ass setting like 99% of the other phones on the market.

Sorry if I sounded terse in my last reply I was typing from the road and had to be succinct.
  13. Kordansk

Kordansk New Member

Hey buddy, Quick Profiles does exactly what you want. I set up 3 profiles almost identical to yours. I have movie (everything vibrate), sleep (everything off but ringer/alarm), and normal. It also lets you turn on/off wifi. Once you set up the profiles its 1 click to open, and 1 click to select profile and it auto closes.
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Am I missing something with those? How did you set everything to vibrate? I could set the ringer to vibrate but not notifications...the closest choice I could figure out was ringer on vibrate but notifications on silent...can you post a screen shot?
  15. Kordansk

Kordansk New Member

Set ringer mode to vibrate and everything to 0%.
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Then the notifications are silent (when you set it to 0), they don't vibrate when you get a text, email, tweet, etc. I tried that.
  17. Kordansk

Kordansk New Member

Are you sure? I could have sworn its vibrated in my pocket when I've been in a movie.
  18. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Nah I tried it :( Unless it was buggin'
  19. Kordansk

Kordansk New Member

Well what you can do is set up all your notifications individually to vibrate as well as tone, and then when you set it to silent, it will still do the vibrate.
  20. toneyl

toneyl New Member

Have you tried NightRinger? You can set up Normal, Silent, Outdoor & Night. It's free and there is a pay version that has a few more options.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.