Pause when auto dial

May24th

Reaction score
Is there a way to put a pause when using the contact list. I need it to check my home voice mail. Any suggestions? Thank you

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use a Comma , for a pause when doing the same.

jamesjack

Reaction score
Pause Dialer

Try the free android app "Pause Dialer" in the android market to insert pauses into phone numbers to automate dailing calling cards and conference call.

Blurb from Pause Dialer Lite - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

about the app:

Pause Dialer Lite allows you to create, save, and automatically dial phone numbers with pauses inserted.

Automate touch tone phone calls e.g. logging onto a conference call, navigating automated phone systems

No ads

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was using two commas then the password. But then there was the news of the chinese wallpaper app that sends your contact data to china so I got rid of the password. I wasn't using it anyway...I use google voice.

krnl

Reaction score
Perfect - thank you. So, to make it so you don't have to enter your voicemail password every time on the Verizon Droid-X, change your voicemail entry from *86 to *86,,xxxx# - where xxxx is your voicemail password.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think the # is needed but I could be wrong.

I also want to reiterate that setting up a contact like this will expose your password to any app that accesses your contact data.

krnl

Reaction score
I don't think the # is needed but I could be wrong.
No, it's not necessary, but gets through the prompts faster that way instead of waiting to timeout after input is finished.

I also want to reiterate that setting up a contact like this will expose your password to any app that accesses your contact data.

The more I figure out on this thing, the less I like the way that applications have full access to so much of the data internal to the Droid X. Seems like security is out the window for the sake of cross-application data availability - and with applications accessing the internet freely...just seems a little too "Open" for me. :-/