Pause + Play Function With Search Button

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
ppsearch.jpg

Now how many of us here have a search button on their device? Thats a trick question, we all do, now how many people use it more than the listen to music? Well if you love music, then this is what you have been looking for.

Posted on the Xda blog, this modification allows you to use your search button on your device to play/pause your songs. This is a very smart idea considering most of us don't use their search button much, and could find a new use for something like this. This is also very useful if your device did not come with a great controller like HTC usually includes or the Monster Jamz.

Can anyone say this would use this?

Download it

drpaul07

Reaction score
well many of the custom roms have this function built in now. but yeah i guess this dev did it before the roms had the function.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
very cool - anything out there like this that adds song-skipping functionality to the volume rocker? been wanting root only apps for this for awhile - i like running stock rooted!

khelek

Reaction score
I would definitely use this if 1) my phone didn't need to be rooted and 2) if it would work with Listen. If it does work with Listen, that might even make me take the plunge and root my phone for it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
My camera button already does this while my screen is off, so this isn't that big of a deal to me :)

Also, would be nice if you have a built in search button, and not a capacitive button, but the Droid 1 doesn't. I know some phones do though.