Pause Button?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by DMackey2, Sep 23, 2010.

1. DMackey2

DMackey2 New Member

I use my X as an MP3 player. Just like my old BB. Despite all of the vast improvements over my old BB (yes I love my X, love it), there is one feature I have found myself missing... a lot. My old BB had the ability to allow me to reassign buttons. And the stock button for the camera I was able to reassign, or remap or whatever term you wish to use, so that it would play/pause the music. No app needed, phone just came that way. Well I have looked high and low. There appears to be no way to do the same thing.

What would I like?

I would like the ability to change the assignment of one of the hard buttons (when the screen is locked) into a play/pause button. Preferably without rooting the phone.

For all of the things my Droid Does, is this simple task too much to ask?

I realize that if I try to unlock the phone, there is a short cut that I can use to pause, next track/last track. But this turns what should be simple matter of pressing one button into a gesture that requires multiple buttons and the need to either take the phone out of my pocket or take my eyes off of the road in order to press a button and then make sure I am pressing the right button in the middle of the screen. I know this sounds like a very minor thing to others, and I will admit it is not a deal breaker. But there are times when I really shouldn't need to do anything more than just use my hand to find a button, press it to stop the music, then press it again to start it back up.

Thank you
    David
Search tags for this page

camcorder app with pause button

camcorder pause for android
camcorder with pause button app for android

camcorders that pause for android free

camera for android with pause a video cam

camera with pause android
can i pause and restart video on droid x2

droid pause button

how to pause video on droid 4