[Patch/Update] 928Droid Black Glass Maps v4.5 Patch Update Zip

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid Black Glass Maps v4.5 Patch/Update Zip released.

This update Zip only inclides the new Themed Maps v4.5

Available in the Droid 1, Droid 2 and Droid X Downloads

928Droid Themes for - Droid 1-  Droid 2 - Droid X

Be sure to uninstall the Maps 4.5 Market Update first if you already downloaded/installed it.

hacku

Reaction score
Thank you sir...

EDIT:

Your upgrade isn't installing for me even after uninstalling the official update and rebooting the phone. Tried it both with Root Explorer and Astro. It just gives me an error of "Application Not Installed".

Got any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thank you sir...

EDIT:

Your upgrade isn't installing for me even after uninstalling the official update and rebooting the phone. Tried it both with Root Explorer and Astro. It just gives me an error of "Application Not Installed".

Got any ideas?

See my reply to the same question you posted in the other Thread.

FYI, duplicate support questions in different threads just slow down my support and ability to respond faster to questions. While I was replying to this duplicate I could have been answering someone elses question.

karnovaran

Reaction score
I'm actually having problems too. I've flashed the zip twice and rebooted to find 4.4 still.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Same here Dave. I had not installed the update and I went to your folder and downloaded the update and applied it. Under "about" in my maps it still says 4.4 and the market says I can still update. Just a heads up.

hacku

Reaction score
Sorry about the duplicate Dave.

Here's my latest:

I must be doing something wrong here. I downloaded the zip from your site and renamed it to update.zip, rebooted into recovery and selected Apply update.zip. The phone reboots and Maps is still at 4.4.

Rebooted into recovery again and this time chose Apply zip from SDcard. Chose the update.zip and applied it. Rebooted the phone and its still showing 4.4 for Maps.

I unzipped and pushed the maps.apk to /system/app and now Maps is gone all together even though the apk still resides in /system/app

Any other ideas?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Here's my latest:

I must be doing something wrong here. I downloaded the zip from your site and renamed it to update.zip, rebooted into recovery and selected Apply update.zip. The phone reboots and Maps is still at 4.4.

Rebooted into recovery again and this time chose Apply zip from SDcard. Chose the update.zip and applied it. Rebooted the phone and its still showing 4.4 for Maps.

I unzipped and pushed the maps.apk to /system/app and now Maps is gone all together even though the apk still resides in /system/app

Any other ideas?

Read this post... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/92...id-black-glass-x-droid-2-a-12.html#post818104

hacku

Reaction score

Here's my latest:

Any other ideas?

Read this post... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/92...id-black-glass-x-droid-2-a-12.html#post818104

I read the post, and the only place I have the maps.apk is in /system/app. When I look in /data/app there is no reference to map.

Also, what do you think the reason is that others are having the same problem installing it as me?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Here's my latest:

Any other ideas?

I read the post, and the only place I have the maps.apk is in /system/app. When I look in /data/app there is no reference to map.

Also, what do you think the reason is that others are having the same problem installing it as me?

Answer to 1st question.... did you look in the Manage applicatiosn as instructed? Even if the apk file is deleted the data file can still be there and "uninstalling" as instructed will help

Answer to 2nd question... the same reason that most aren't having problems...experience.

karnovaran

Reaction score
Dave, there's definitely something wrong with the .zip. I tried 3 times and it doesn't replace the 4.4 version. I ended up extracting the apk and pushing it manually.

hacku

Reaction score
Answer to 1st question.... did you look in the Manage applicatiosn as instructed? Even if the apk file is deleted the data file can still be there and "uninstalling" as instructed will help

Yes, I did that the first time around before I encountered the problems.

928Droid said:
Answer to 2nd question... the same reason that most aren't having problems...experience.

I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm definitely not a n00b.

I'm going to have to wait until I get home to reinstall the themed 4.4 app and then try your update again to see what happens.

hacku

Reaction score
Ok, I just got home and pushed maps.apk (4.4) to the phone and made sure it worked.

This time I didn't even bother installing the 4.5 update through recovery mode. I extracted the apk and placed it on my SD card and then pushed it to /system/app using terminal emulator and it works perfect now.

Looks great... thanks!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Ok, I just got home and pushed maps.apk (4.4) to the phone and made sure it worked.

This time I didn't even bother installing the 4.5 update through recovery mode. I extracted the apk and placed it on my SD card and then pushed it to /system/app using terminal emulator and it works perfect now.

Looks great... thanks!

Weird!!! Will do some more checking on this... I also just uploaded fresh copies for DX and D2 just in case, the have "r2" in the file name.

Glad you got it working, I put a lot of work into this new Maps and wanted everyone to be able to get it.

tbb1226

Reaction score
I just get a 404 Error when I follow the link that's supposed to lead to the Maps 4.5 update file. All the other links on the downloads page seem to work just fine....

Last edited by a moderator: