PATCH — Focused 1.9.0 update to 2.3.340

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Don't suppose it'd be possible to have a mod split threads on this.. eh?

Honestly, I understand (and support) droidxchat in his quest to inform others and spread info regarding possible risks to those that perhaps may have unwittingly bought into misinformation... But that's not for this thread...

droidxchat

Reaction score

Honestly, I understand (and support) droidxchat in his quest to inform others and spread info regarding possible risks to those that perhaps may have unwittingly bought into misinformation... But that's not for this thread...

i apologize i'll take it elsewhere..

ericsch333

Reaction score

i apologize i'll take it elsewhere..

Don't apologize I understand your concern I just have faith in what the dev can do. You have a right to your opinion you have some valid point. But what I meant about 2.1 is all the rom's we run come from leaks and TBH Droid. If they say they can get us to the OTA then can.

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin

Can I flash 1.9 over 3.6

3.6?

Edit: OH, did you mean, can it be installed over Focused version 1.6? Yes, the non-leak can. :) No wipe should be required... but if you run into problems, first thing I'd do is wipe data/cache, just to be sure.

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
I think he means Tranq 3.6

In that case.. shouldn't be a problem over Tranq 3.6 either. Just need to make sure that the boot animation is the one you want to keep (because you lose the boot animation tool when you change ROMs...)
You will want to wipe data/cache coming from Tranq (Blur based)...

HTH!

mcp770

Reaction score

In that case.. shouldn't be a problem over Tranq 3.6 either. Just need to make sure that the boot animation is the one you want to keep (because you lose the boot animation tool when you change ROMs...)

HTH!

VERY IMPORTANT...if coming from the new or recent tranquility roms you need to delete the tranq folder from your sd card first our your phone will continuously reboot as soon as you unlock the home screen. There are some elements of the tranq toolbox app or something that tries to run and crashes the phone if the rom isn't there. Just an fyi I found out the hard way.

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score

HTH!

VERY IMPORTANT...if coming from the new or recent tranquility roms you need to delete the tranq folder from your sd card first our your phone will continuously reboot as soon as you unlock the home screen. There are some elements of the tranq toolbox app or something that tries to run and crashes the phone if the rom isn't there. Just an fyi I found out the hard way.

Good to know! I wasn't aware!
THANK YOU.. (You probably just saved someone else from the same! :)

P3Droid

Reaction score
I don't know why your so upset you flashed you phone. Every time something changes everbody lose their mind if you remember not that long ago we didn't have sbf and we just jumped. If it wasn't for tbh we would be run 2.1 still. He will fix the kernel.
And you can flash. 234
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I didn't flash it. In fact, I never went to .32 on my phone, I just reviewed everything in it. You and yuusharo dont understand what I'm saying at all. Go back and reread plz. My concern isn't with if it will be fixed or not. My concern is that no one will know they have a problem, they won't know it needs to be fixed on their phone.

You seriously need to calm down, my friend. You're spreading unnecessary FUD around, trying to drum up outrage over a "problem" that doesn't exist.

Team Black Hat has *always* made clear the risks of modifying your phone in an unsupported way. If you're not comfortable with the risks, don't mod your phone. Simple.

As far as the differences between the .320 kernel and the .340 kernel, its most likely cosmetic than anything. Either kernel is compatible with either system. I'm running .340 system on a .320 kernel and haven't noticed any problems at all, probably because there are none.

TBH and P3Droid haven't "lied" about anything. They made it clear that while there is no going back, there will always be a way forward. If and when the next update comes out, you'll have a way to upgrade.

TBH hasn't made clear that there is a problem here. They in fact have been saying that there IS NOT a problem at all, when it is clear to us knowledgeable users that there is. It's like these guys just layed a brick in their pants and everyone smells it, but they're trying to play it off like it never happened. They're not even acknowledging that they were wrong at all. You also don't seem to understand that the difference btw .32 and .34 in the kernel isn't just a cosmetic thing. That there is a difference in the version numbers at all is enough to cause problems OTAing. Go reread. I didn't say there would be problems trying to run .34 on a .32 kernel, I said there would be problems trying to OTA with a .32 kernel.

Saying we would still be on 2.1 if not for them? So... we wouldn't be able to OTA if not for them? Are you really going to try to say that? In fact, it's because of them that until a fix is released, you'll never OTA again. If P3Droid has a fix like he said, let him release it already, until then, I say he lied.

Why you guys try to respond to something when you dont' even know what you're responding to is beyond me. I'm not saying that any dev, including TBH, should be held responsible. I'm saying they shouldn't act like it never happened. They should be upfront and say "we screwed up, we're working on a fix" instead of saying "there's no problem here, move along."

I'm not trying to point fingers, but if you guys come in here all defensive saying that no one screwed up, I'm going to be upfront and let you know where you're wrong.

This is not the the place for the debate, but here we are, but Droidchat you are just dead wrong, and Im saying this because I'm certain that I have better info than you, I have better access to files than you, and I see the files before you, and most times before Verizon. End of discussion. You could most likely do some good for the community but your posts (in this area is just pure bull****).

It is people like you that attempt to take the fun out of this for the rest of the community. We have not responded to anything, if i'm wrong find a post that says so and post it here or on my website.

And as such, as I told your cohort Sephtin - no person would not have a way to upgrade from .320 to the official release. I said this before the .320 release and I said this after. When this is all said and done you need to make a full public apology for your behavior.

Lastly, I know you have the option to use the stuff we produce but I would appreciate it if you did not. I do not believe you deserve it.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Hey P3Droid... I'm glad you're finally here.

NO ONE AND I MEAN, no one who has updated will be stuck when the OTA comes out. before this was released you have to have known we have a way back. I'm just sayin...

So lets see it already. Show us the way back. While you're at it, you can explain why you promised that there is no difference btw kernels in .32 and .34, and yet when the OTA is released it shows different versions and hashes. Enough to prevent an OTA even if not operationally different. You're pretty adamant that I'm wrong in your post above, yet you were conveniently unspecific about what you think I'm wrong about.

And don't worry, I don't use anything TBH. You can say "well your rom developer got his files from us to use". Well I would say, even if he did, you got your files from motorola, they're not yours. In fact, making people pay for an app that releases modified moto code could easily be construed as copyright infringement. Besides, I wouldn't touch a P3Droid product, because I'm knowledgeable enough to know how many educated guesses you make just so you can put on a show to make people think you're all-knowing when it comes to this stuff. I know personally that you've sent more bricks to the warranty center than gravity.

So lets get on with it. Where is your fix that you promised you had before .32 was even released? We need it (not me personally, because I never touched that leak) to get .32 users back onto the OTA path. Lets see it.

P3Droid

Reaction score
LOL, I was building kernels and doing other work while you were still wet behind the ears, and I can do some things with the files you have no idea about, but the "fix you so seek" is already out. and much much more. I leave you, Mr. Johnny come lately to this thread.

droidxchat

Reaction score
LOL, I was building kernels and doing other work while you were still wet behind the ears, and I can do some things with the files you have no idea about, but the "fix you so seek" is already out. and much much more. I leave you, Mr. Johnny come lately to this thread.

LOL. pathetic. Why do you think you know me, why do you think you know anyone? You know nothing of my age, nor anyone elses. You once called sephtin "young man". The guy is married with kids.

Get defensive more, you look really good like that. It helps you're argument.

How about you post the way back.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guys guys, lets take a deep breath and calm down.
P3, you ARE amazing with what you do though (deserves this comment)!

DroidForums junkie!!