Pasting # in phone dialer

pitseleh12

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to copy a phone number and paste it into the phone dialer? Ive tried seemingly everything, but havent found the method. I can long press a number on the internet and it will give me the option to call, but this obviously doesnt work w a number written in pocket informant calendar for example. Any solution or download to make this happen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mat1583

Reaction score
Yes. To copy the phone number, long press on top of the number to bring up the copy dialog. Move the two green bubble dots to select the beginning and end of the number you want to copy, then press Copy. Go to your home screen then press the Phone dialer. Long press the gray area where it says "Enter name or number" then let go. You should see a Paste button. Voila!

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
no matter how long i long-press, the smart dial tips dialogue box pops up.

Yes. To copy the phone number, long press on top of the number to bring up the copy dialog. Move the two green bubble dots to select the beginning and end of the number you want to copy, then press Copy. Go to your home screen then press the Phone dialer. Long press the gray area where it says "Enter name or number" then let go. You should see a Paste button. Voila!

mat1583

Reaction score
Hmm, weird. What happens when you dial one number, then try the long press/release and paste in the gray area where the number is?

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
tried that too. nothing happens. if i long press too low, it ends up hitting the 2 button for example, or if i press too high it brings up call history. if i press exactly on the grey with one number entered, nothing happens.

mat1583

Reaction score
It sounds like you have an abnormal problem, then. I'm sure you've already tried all the normal stuff like restarting phone, pulling battery/SIM card and cleaning the screen. I don't really have any other advice except taking it by a Verizon store to see if they can troubleshoot it or get you a replacement.

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
thank you... truthfully, thats the least of my problems with this phone. the worst problem is that when im in the middle of a threated text conversation with someone using the stock text messaging app, i will sometimes click "send" and the message will be delivered to a different recipient. the only way to make sure this doesnt happen is to leave the conversation, go to compose new message, type in the intended recipient's name and send the message that way. its terribly burdensome, but the above has happened so many times, causing so much embarrassment, that I have no choice. and im sure verizon wont help bc they would demand that i show them it happening, which i cant control since it happens randomly.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
thank you... truthfully, thats the least of my problems with this phone. the worst problem is that when im in the middle of a threated text conversation with someone using the stock text messaging app, i will sometimes click "send" and the message will be delivered to a different recipient. the only way to make sure this doesnt happen is to leave the conversation, go to compose new message, type in the intended recipient's name and send the message that way. its terribly burdensome, but the above has happened so many times, causing so much embarrassment, that I have no choice. and im sure verizon wont help bc they would demand that i show them it happening, which i cant control since it happens randomly.

Sorry to hear that, I just use the handcent SMS app and I haven't had a problem...also there is a OTA update rolling out right now as we speak, those are one of the bugs it fixes

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to copy a number from the browser into the dialer all you have to do is tap the number. Not press, not long-touch, just tap as though you were opening a menu or app.

mat1583

Reaction score
If you want to copy a number from the browser into the dialer all you have to do is tap the number. Not press, not long-touch, just tap as though you were opening a menu or app.

I made the assumption he had already tried this. I could be wrong through.

stuigi

Reaction score
no matter how long i long-press, the smart dial tips dialogue box pops up.

after doing the copy. you press the grey area and just hold your finger down for 1 second. After you release your finger, the paste box pops up