Password recovery from app

papermoonshine

Reaction score
Hello! I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

A few weeks ago I had a security scare so I changed my passwords to everything. I immediately updated my passwords in my Droid X2. The problem is now I can't remember my Yahoo password. I can still access my mail through the Yahoo Mail application at least. I tried to recover my Yahoo password through the websites recovery process. The bad part is that i'm really paranoid about passwords so I never put real answers to to any questions. I can answer question 1 but can't answer question 2. I tried to use the help section for that but you need to be logged into Yahoo to use it....which is impossible since i'm trying to recover said account password.

I know that's more of a Yahoo mail question than anything, but here's why i'm asking on the Droid X2 forum. Is it possible to somehow pull/view my stored Yahoo Mail Application password on my phone so I can view it? I've been trying to find a file on my phone that will maybe display my saved Yahoo Mail Application password, but i'm not having any luck. Is it possible to recover/view this password for the app?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section/against TOS, or worded it bad. People here talking and won't shut up, so i'm having issues concentrating while typing this up.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't think that you can view the actual password but you may be able to see the amount of characters in it. Just count the asterisks in the password and that may jog your memory.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums