password protect separate apps

xious

Reaction score
Is there any app out there that allows you to password protect certain applications? I had an iPhone before this (jailbroken of course) and used biteSMS which included a setting to require a passkey to open it. There was also a program that would require a password/passkey to open any application you specified. That would be perfect for this phone because I constantly have people asking to check out my phone, but I do not want them going through all my text messages or photos. Any ideas?

X

freeloader

Reaction score
i would LOVE an app that did this. especially after the facebook incident i had tonight...
*sigh*

Rettocs

Reaction score
Here's another person that would love that. I haven't seen this type of locking since the RAZR. If one was created and worked properly, that eliminates the need for the overall locking of the phone, from there, you just lock down ur messaging, phone and contacts, pictures, and settings, leave games and other non-essential stuff unlocked, and you are good to go!

Aflyingsquirrel

Reaction score
Agreed with everyone else, this would be very helpful and would remove the need (for me at least) for the initial puzzle password.

backlash

Reaction score
There are two apps like this for photos and videos.

Photosafe and videosafe...........obviously only for pics and vids though.

showtime2k

Reaction score
I would like an app for this to, particularly putting a pw on text msgs.

Mateles

Reaction score
...just lock down ur messaging, phone and contacts, pictures, and settings, leave games and other non-essential stuff unlocked, and you are good to go!
That sounds like a nightmare, unless you can unlock all of those at once.

mAtrixfcuk

Reaction score
no it doesnt!! its better than having people looking through your stuff...

i rather put a password for everything. thats exactly what iwant how the razr had it .

Mateles

Reaction score
no it doesnt!! its better than having people looking through your stuff...

i rather put a password for everything. thats exactly what iwant how the razr had it .
So anytime I want to use any of these apps, I would need to unlock it? Phone - unlock, browser - unlock, email - unlock. No thanks, I'd rather just unlock once for all. The regular lock really isn't that difficult. You need to swipe anyway even when you're not using the lock pattern, what's the difference if you need to swipe in a slightly different way when you are using a lock pattern?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just don't pass my phone around....

mAtrixfcuk

Reaction score
yeah but still.. it would be nice to have something like that. atleast i would want that. the one unlock isnt enough. id like to lock my gallery and messaging. thats all. dont really care if i have to do it over and over. anyway anything out there like that?

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
would be nice to password protect some individual files or apps.

mAtrixfcuk

Reaction score
yeahh wow i check this topic just to see if anything came yet. haha lol

i cant wait for atleast something like that comes out... i wish there was some system configuration to do it.