Party Shuffle?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by damienross543, Feb 25, 2011.

1. damienross543

damienross543 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, i have a droid 2 (obviously), and whenever i open my music and go into my library or a specific playlist to play songs, it will start to play the song i select then it will automatically switch to a new song and it will put it on party shuffle. now, i already tried switching to a different music player (playerpro), and reloading to factory settings and it still does it. i don't know if this is an unfixable bug or if someone else with a droid 2 has already brought this up in a different thread.

if anyone could help me, or point me in the direction of a link to the thread in which someone has already brought this up, i'd appreciate it. thanks.

2. damienross543

damienross543 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? i mean, just looking for some help or a point in the direction of help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. Barristro

Barristro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you actually turned off "Party Shuffle" under settings? If not, then I think the phone is doing this; 1)Play song I was told to play, 2)Song is over, play next song in playlist, 3)Playlist is empty, check settings 4)Settings say "Party Shuffle", play random(ish) song.

4. damienross543

damienross543 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    man i'm really not trying to seem like a scrub, cause i've had this phone since around september '10. but i really don't understand. let me walk you through it.
    1)i play certain song, not of a certain playlist, just any song out of my library.
    2)song starts to play, then, no more then 5 seconds into the song; the song STOPS, then the phone will switch to party shuffle, playing a new song.
    3)i get annoyed and want to put my phone through the wall.

i'm not sure what settings you're talking of, i don't see anywhere where i can turn party shuffle on or off, i thought that it was a stock setting that couldn't be altered.

5. Barristro

Barristro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's actually what I thought you meant when I first read your message, but it is so foolish that I figured I was wrong and gave my answer as if the entire song played.

Let's look at the "5 second" problem.

I cannot imagine why this would happen unless 1) you are accidentally hitting a button of some sort when you put your phone down after selecting a song, 2) The headset is loose or of low quality. Any vibration could cause it to send a signal to the phone to advance to the next song. This is a good feature for some headsets, but causes a problem when it malfunctions. 3) your song is really only five seconds long (unlikely, but the file might be corrupt).

Other than that, I am stumped.

6. damienross543

damienross543 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    man i appreciate your response. i think option number 2. is the winner tho. it happens with mupltiple songs and i know i'm not hittin anything. i'm out of claims. so i guess i'll just have to deal with it until january 2012 :/

7. Barristro

Barristro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See if it happens without headphones. If that solves it, try with "better" headphones, or get a decent bluetooth set.

But that's when the world ends!:icon_eek:

edit: I just looked for setting to turn off that feature, but couldn't find any. Not even sure the standard player really has it. I got sick of Party Shuffle playing the same 30 songs out of 500 over and over, so I got a different player that was a little more random, and that's where I found the "push headphones button for next song" feature.

8. damienross543

damienross543 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what player do you use? i tried playerpro and it did the same ****. and actually december 2012 is when the world ends lol. so i'd have a new phone for most of 2012 before it ended lol

9. Barristro

Barristro Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. quad

quad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im actually gavin the same problem on my x except when I use another music player the stick music app will just start automatically. Ill stop the song turn off the music player and it will just start back up again. If I just use the stock music player it just goes into parry shuffle andwith a licked screen will skip through songs or just pause them outya no where!!! Im a really annoyed with this stock music app!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

11. quad

quad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for all the miss spellings and confusion. Baisically I do use another music player but when I do the factory music app turns itself on. I don't know how to stop this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
lg party shuffle
party shuffle
party shuffle android
party shuffle meaning

playerpro party shuffle

what does party shuffle do

what does party shuffle mean

what does party shuffle mean on android
what is party shuffle on my phone
whats the difference between a shuffle and a parry shuffle