Partitioning SD card

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by BluStang05, Aug 7, 2011.

1. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

So i have been working on trying to partition my SD card with no luck. I keep getting a mount script error from Link2sd

mount script cannot be created

mount: mounting mount /dev/block/vold/179:2 on data/sdext2
    failed no such device

I have tried the 2nd partition as ext2, ext3, ext4 with no luck. is there somthing obvoius i have over looked? I started using Rom manager to partition and then moved on to Mini Partition Wiz

Maybe i should ask if this rom will support A2sd.

thanks all
  2. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Yes, the rom supports A2SD. I don't personally use it, find it annoying, but the few times I tried it, it worked. I didn't get a chance to test it on this release, obviously. But I will give it a shot when I get back home and get a hold of my spare memory card.
  3. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

Its no biggy. I was board yesterday and decided to give it a shot and see if it did in fact up the performance. It was the 1st time i have ever tried it. After having to De brick my phone twice, once yesterday and then again this morning(silly me thinking i had it figured out) I have kind of gave up on it... for a little bit any way. I thought i had it, depending on how i partition it either the phone completely lost the card or it just did not see the 2nd partition. Not seeing the partition was easy to fix but once the phone no longer would see the card no matter how I tried to partition it nothing worked. The only way I was able to fix it was RSD then on boot the phone would see it as damaged and format it

I will probably keep reading up on this and maybe try again. Started out yesterday wanting to try a new ROM and clean my SD card up somehow that turned into partitioning and a unrooting, Twice. I couldnt just copy the SD card to my computer, format the card stick it back in the phone and transfer only the stuff i wanted back to the phone. That would have been to easy...... Damn you droid for monopolizing my weekend

Thanks
Search tags for this page

android cannot mount 2 partition sd card

boot android tablet from sd card
droid 2 global partition sd card
ext2 no permission sd card
free /data/sdext2

link2sd mount script cannot be created

mount script cannot be created

mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed

mounting dev block vold 179 2 on data sdext2 failed

partition sd card