Partition sd card for app installs?!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by SilentJay, May 12, 2010.

1. SilentJay

SilentJay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running BB1.0 with the 1ghz kernel. I know or at least dreamed that I read this somewhere about partition of sd card, but being that droidforums is not only the best but the deepest forum out there my search was not a success. I download lots of apps and love playing around with different things but am finding that I am having to remove apps now and again. Is there a way to set aside space on the beautifully large sd card we have for app installation?

Side note: I am new to BB and rooting in general. I used to think why mess with something that works fine, but then decided i wanted to play my Mario RPG lag free. Then at that point I figured I went this far lets see what else is out there and omg like the description says, BB 100% stable and lighting fast! I can not figure out for the life of me why things like this are not stock.
    And the funny news is after back up and reinstall of all apps and data my save state for mario rpg will not load, so if anyone just saved the princess from being married please feel free to shoot over the save file for me ;p

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ROM Manager will do it for you (I think you might need Premium), be warned that it will format your existing sd partition, so make sure to back up the contents of your card before proceeding. If you don't want to use ROM Manager, there's probably a script floating around that you can run in adb.

3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It sounds like you're talking about Apps2SD, which currently is available only on Cyanogenmod. Folks have asked Pete to consider adding Apps2SD in future versions of BB, but at present we don't know whether he will (or at least, I don't).

EDIT: Having read PDroid's post, let me clarify that he's correct, and ROM Manager will partition your SD card, but that doesn't mean you can run apps from the SD card.

4. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    oops, just assumed the OP was preparing for future BB releases that have apps2sd.

But yes, BB v1.0 does not support installation of apps on the sdcard, even if a partition for it exists.

Search tags for this page

how to partition an sd card.pk