Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I saw this on Rootzwiki, not sure if it has been posted yet. If it have been posted? I am sorry for the repost.

Some here have posted rumors that the Galaxy Nexus has been delayed by Verizon due to a rebooting issue. I've been able to confirm that this is not the case, but there is a problem that has delayed the release (and apparently supply to the UK has been halted as well).

It's a volume issue. While playing music or even talking on the phone the volume will reduce... sometimes to a level that is too low to hear. The volume rocker does not work to increase the volume. I'm told that this may NOT me an ICS problem, but could be a hardware problem on Rev. 9.

I'm not trying to spread gloom and doom. It could be as simple as a software patch, but if it does require hardware revisions... well let's not talk about that.

This will probably be hitting the media soon.

Issue 22021 - android - Volume down/mute on Galaxy Nexus running 4.0 - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I wonder if this is happening during some of the reviews and they don't neccesailry notice it and that's why they are saying the phone is quiter then most phones? Cause I've read a few articles on this and it seems people are saying it does it completely random at anytime wether on the phone or listening to music. One guy was transferring files and he said it did it.

Sent from my Moto Droid

Creed

Reaction score
No, this doesn't have to do with the lateness of it. It's a minor bug that only effects the HSPA+ versions of the phone according to TBH. While it is lazy on the part of Samsung and Google this doesn't have much of a bearing on Verizon's release.

For reference, when asked about the HSPA+ model volume bug p3droid's response was: @mfg68 yes, thank goodness mine is LTE, LMAO

Based on the release of this phone in Europe, however, I am glad Verizon has decided to hold out a bit longer. They are making mistakes all over the place, giving out developer version, some have faulty cameras with lenses facing odd angles, some have this volume bug, some cannot connect to 2g without constant restarts... The Nexus is going to be amazing but it really needs more proper testing, in my opinion.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, sometimes you wonder who runs QA at some of these companies...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Amazing how heavily tested phones hit the market and bam, bug city?!

+1 I've always said this about video games. Just like BF3, good game but it has issues and then u ask yourself "did they even play this game" lol. I see phones as about the same way but I'm not a developer so I'm not criticizing anyone its just I wonder sometimes.

Sent from my Moto Droid

xandor

Reaction score
I was hoping to get this phone - it was either this phone or the bionic...now I'm thinking the Bionic if they can't get this sorted quickly.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Amazing how heavily tested phones hit the market and bam, bug city?!

Sometimes the bug is actually only effecting a small percentage of the devices, so you don't see it until you've got a couple hundred thousand out there.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been following this bug for a few days now, since the 17th UK release.

The bug is when without touching the volume button, the volume turns itself all the way down to vibrate randomly. Some think it's when they're on wifi, a majority of them notice it when they drop to 2G though(yes 2G).

Some were downloading apps when it happens, some streaming netflix. It's most likely a 2G bug, just needs a software update from Google and it will be fixed.

It's the only bug I've seen so far in the UK. So far we haven't seen any of the LTE devices with the problem, but because there are so few LTE Nexus' in the wild, it doesn't prove the problem doesn't exist with it as well.

I am surprised one of the testers on twitter hasn't mentioned the problem yet, as they've had both models.

And DL posts a video of it happening with 2g:

[video=youtube;B6xlZFcgPlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xlZFcgPlo[/video]

Last edited:

dustinslee

Reaction score
Wow its goin bonkers! I believe I will keep my razr!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically what he's doing is using the Nexus with a 2g signal and it's producing the volume bug. Wish one of the guys with the LTE version would do the same test.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's a radio problem, it wouldn't be a software fix necessarily. If this is the case, then the LTE version is most likely not affected, but it also means the GSM version in the UK may be recalled.

Let's hope it's a software issue.