parents with kids who have android phones....

irishdroid

Reaction score
Just saw on the news that vzw has a app that when installed on an android phone will not allow a text message to be sent or received while moving over 10mph. It is called textecution, 40 dollars, I call BS on that. I bet a dev could make one for for way less. Just thought I'd let everyone know it was out there. Texting and driving is a big issue.

JCo352

Reaction score
Just saw on the news that vzw has a app that when installed on an android phone will not allow a text message to be sent or received while moving over 10mph. It is called textecution, 40 dollars, I call BS on that. I bet a dev could make one for for way less. Just thought I'd let everyone know it was out there. Texting and driving is a big issue.

I think it's ridiculous that they would put such a hefty price tag on an app that could potentially save lives.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Texting and driving is a big issue, but making an app and profiting off it is a horrid idea. The best thing to do, and what I plan to do (if I ever have kids), is to sit them down, tell them that it it terrible. Just enlighten them about how dangerous it is.

Plus, if they can root a droid on their own, they can get rid of an app...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Partents beating the hell out of their kids for texting while driving would be cheaper.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
no texts while flooring a golf cart?

If someone is texting and driving they are at least doing 20mph.. then again my dad does that.

The program would screw up in stop and go traffic situations

BlooS

Reaction score
That app should come pre-installed on all phones imo. People shouldn't be texting while driving.

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
I agree people should text while drive. What happens when you are riding though...

Ryan325678

Reaction score
I agree people should text while drive. What happens when you are riding though...

+1

No texting while riding the bus, running, taking a taxi, riding your bike (does this happen?), skiing (does this happen?), riding shotgun,... dumb idea imho :motdroidvert::motdroidvert:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a good idea, not saying the price great, but the simple criteria of over 10mph would be an issue for at least the ideas stated here in the thread.

As an avid motorcyclists, I can tell you that there are those that not only should never have a phone near them while they're driving, but it's questionable whether they should be driving in the first place. Maybe something like a transmitter that's place on the teen's car somewhere so they can't text/call when moving.

Jrtec13

Reaction score
What if you are a passenger?

Same thing I thought at first, it would suck if you were a passenger and could not text while someone else was driving. I just turned 19, had my drivers license since the day I turned 16 but never though of talking or driving on the phone because it was stupid and should be common sense not to talk or take your eyes off the road period but I guess parents don't teach common sense anymore...