Pardon my stupid questions!!!

JP 5.56

Reaction score
This is the picture I am trying to set. I move the crop box to include the moon in the right upper corner just down to the edge of the superbowl symbol (to crop that symbol out). So when I save and set as wallpaper, the moon takes up almost the entire left side (also only the left half of the moon is wallpaper - not the entire moon)of the screen and only a small portion of the bottom is water.

It looks like this when I set is as wallpaper.

Just wanted to double check.. Could anyone offer any assistance? :hail:

I think its just the way wallpaper works on Android, the wallpaper "slides" over as you move to different screens. As you swipe to one of your other screens the wallpaper will slide over revealing part of the picture you didn't see before.

Last edited:

BKS

Reaction score

I think its just the way wallpaper works on Android, the wallpaper "slides" over as you move to different screens. As you swipe to one of your other screens the wallpaper will slide over revealing part of the picture you didn't see before.

Yeah that is how mine works. It just depends on the size of the pic as to what portion will be centered on your main screen.

dolpns13

Reaction score

This is true, but there is a selection (in LauncherPro) to make the wallpaper stop scrolling. I wish there was a feature to format the picture to fit the screen. There must be, kinda like when the Driod resizes picture messages when texting them

eliassami5

Reaction score
you need to find a larger resolution picture, that one is too small and is causing the crop box to cut most of it off. Get a picture around 500 x 1000 pixels, that should give you room to get a good crop and will also yield a high quality image.

dolpns13

Reaction score
you need to find a larger resolution picture, that one is too small and is causing the crop box to cut most of it off. Get a picture around 500 x 1000 pixels, that should give you room to get a good crop and will also yield a high quality image.

do you know of a program that will allow me to see the pixels while I resize the picture? windows picture viewer doesn have this option.. that I see

dolpns13

Reaction score

Ahhh.. just resized it and still didnt work.

eliassami5

Reaction score

what did you resize it to? making a picture bigger will reduce the resolution making it blocky and ugly.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

what did you resize it to? making a picture bigger will reduce the resolution making it blocky and ugly.

Wallpaper should be 960x854.....

eliassami5

Reaction score
heres what the pic will look like resized to fit the Droids screen..its pretty damn ugly

25h0mf8.jpg

find an image with at least a WIDTH of 500px by a HIGHT of 1000px...this isnt a low res screen, it needs high res images at the right resolution so it doesn't need to stretch the image.

eliassami5

Reaction score

dolpns13

Reaction score

dolpns13

Reaction score
I just messed around with the cropping and got it just the way I like it... Thanks for all the help fellas!