Pardon my stupid questions!!!

sgtmorph

Reaction score
Please pardon my lack of knowledge....

What do terms and phrases such as "OTA" and "FROYO" mean/stand for???

thx

alphawave7

Reaction score
Only stupid questions are unasked!

OTA=over the air
FroYo=frozen yogurt (aka Android 2.2)

angler1

Reaction score
I think this is a perfectly named thread. So here is my stupid question. What is Ubuntu? I can't seem to find a direct answer. Thanks.

alphawave7

Reaction score
I think this is a perfectly named thread. So here is my stupid question. What is Ubuntu? I can't seem to find a direct answer. Thanks.

Per wiki:

"Ubuntu (pronounced /uːˈbuːntuː/ or /uːˈbʌnˌtuː/)[5][6] is a computer operating system based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and is distributed as free and open source software with additional proprietary software available.
It is named after the Southern African ethical principle Ubuntu ("humanity towards others").[7]"

angler1

Reaction score

Per wiki:

"Ubuntu (pronounced /uːˈbuːntuː/ or /uːˈbʌnˌtuː/)[5][6] is a computer operating system based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and is distributed as free and open source software with additional proprietary software available.
It is named after the Southern African ethical principle Ubuntu ("humanity towards others").[7]"

Wow someone is on the ball. I always forget about wiki. I think I just get lazy and only look in the forum sometimes. Thanks for the answer though.

alphawave7

Reaction score
I've discovered wiki is probably my most-visited site...but I'm voracious about information like that..no matter how trivial. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google is also very useful... ;)
froyo - Google Search

Not quite as easy with OTA but the context of the word should tell you which links are relevant:
ota - Google Search

Alternately, for keywords like "OTA" it sometimes helps to throw in some related keywords, such as "Android" to better focus the search results.

Last edited:

dolpns13

Reaction score
Heres another stupid question. Whenever I try to set picture - or anything for that matter, as wallpaper, I am forced to crop the picture. when I do, and I set the wallpaper, the picture does not fully set as wallpaper. It gets stretched and half the picture is cut out.

For example say I have a picture of a car in my gallery, I go to set as, wallpaper, then I have to crop it (I have no idea why I am forced to crop), so I crop the car and cut out, say the background - when I save it as wallpaper, my phone stretches, or resizes the picture and only the front half of the car will show.

Please help... this totally sucks - does it with everything I want to set as wallpaper.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Heres another stupid question. Whenever I try to set picture - or anything for that matter, as wallpaper, I am forced to crop the picture. when I do, and I set the wallpaper, the picture does not fully set as wallpaper. It gets stretched and half the picture is cut out.

For example say I have a picture of a car in my gallery, I go to set as, wallpaper, then I have to crop it (I have no idea why I am forced to crop), so I crop the car and cut out, say the background - when I save it as wallpaper, my phone stretches, or resizes the picture and only the front half of the car will show.

Please help... this totally sucks - does it with everything I want to set as wallpaper.

You can adjust the size of the crop box, which will help. Put your finger just outside of the yellow box and drag to make it larger/smaller.

You can only grab an entire picture if its size is correct for the screen which is 960x854.

dolpns13

Reaction score

You can adjust the size of the crop box, which will help. Put your finger just outside of the yellow box and drag to make it larger/smaller.

You can only grab an entire picture if its size is correct for the screen which is 960x854.

Yeah... Ive adjusted the size and it still stretches the wallpaper. It stretches the crop - whats inside the crop box.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah... Ive adjusted the size and it still stretches the wallpaper. It stretches the crop - whats inside the crop box.

If you have it sized right you will be able to select the entire picture with the crop box, that is the best you can get.

dolpns13

Reaction score
This is the picture I am trying to set. I move the crop box to include the moon in the right upper corner just down to the edge of the superbowl symbol (to crop that symbol out). So when I save and set as wallpaper, the moon takes up almost the entire left side (also only the left half of the moon is wallpaper - not the entire moon)of the screen and only a small portion of the bottom is water.

angler1

Reaction score
I think this thread should be stickied. As long as someone doesn't ask; What does root mean?lol:)

dolpns13

Reaction score
This is the picture I am trying to set. I move the crop box to include the moon in the right upper corner just down to the edge of the superbowl symbol (to crop that symbol out). So when I save and set as wallpaper, the moon takes up almost the entire left side (also only the left half of the moon is wallpaper - not the entire moon)of the screen and only a small portion of the bottom is water.

It looks like this when I set is as wallpaper.

dolpns13

Reaction score

It looks like this when I set is as wallpaper.

Just wanted to double check.. Could anyone offer any assistance? :hail: