Paranoid Android Continues To Push The Inovation Envelope With Upcoming Multitasking

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Paranoid Android is fast becoming one of the most popular Roms in the Android community today. With innovative features like PIE Control, True Tablet mode, and Per App DPI it is easy to see why. Paranoid Android continues inovation with an improvement to what they feel is a broken multitasking model. They are currently working on a new approach to Multitasking which they feel will be much better than the current CM and Samsung implementations. So far their multitasking will pop up an additional window prompt in the notification menu. Paranoid Android's pop up will maintain full functionality in the app. Other apps will remain running in the foreground for a true multitasking experience. They have only completed about 10% of what they wish to achieve. This looks like a pretty exciting feature. You will want to stay tuned to PA for upcoming builds.

Via Engadget
    2 people like this.
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Aha! I needed a new good ROM to install! ;) Can anyone report back on battery life?
  3. djspy

djspy Member

Why does everyone keep calling the PIE controls innovative and revolutionary? They're a rip off of the Android browser's quick controls. There's even an app that does the same in the Play Store that came out a while ago.
  4. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Innovative and revolutionary in the sense that they implemented it into Android natively and were also able to incorporate the Quick Setting and Notification shade into it (something the app you are speaking of did AFTER PIE). And I guess the fact that Per-App Color influences it too.

Although this looks cool, I'd much rather have a Samsung Multiwindow type feature, which I assumed this would be. Having two apps side by side on my Note 2 or N7 works amazingly. It would've also been extremely useful for me since I just recently had a 10 page paper due and being able to have Chrome open to my web source and Drive open to my paper at the same time would've made it 100 times easier to work on it during my commute.
  5. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

If I remember correctly, 1st there was LMT pie. Then paranoidandroid took it further by adding notifications to it. Made it open source, then came the app in the Play Store. This "innovation" brings multi widows to more apps than Samsung has. To find out more, follow Paranoid on Google+. For those that don't use it, here's a piece of their post
    [​IMG]

As for battery life with their rom. It's one of the better ones. But you can always flash another kernel

Tapped from a Nexus
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

So the one in the play store thats theirs... is that "Pie Control" by Coolace?
  7. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Think that's just a guy who made it an app so everyone can use it; whether you're running PA or not.

But I guess it is technically "theirs" if it's made from the PA source
  8. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    You're still going to have to make your soft key bar disappear if you you have them though. Unless I'm missing something, that would be awkward, pie and soft keys... o.0
Search tags for this page

droid bionic paranoid android

how to use notification shade in paranoid android 3.16
paranoid android 3.16
paranoid android continues to push the inovation envelope wi

paranoid android multitasking

paranoid android ovation
paranoidandroid ovation