Parallel Kingdom - MMO for Android

Varking

Reaction score
Parallel Kingdom: Age of Emergance is a MMORPG for mobile devices. It was originally created on the iPhone but has since been ported to the Droid and Android Market as well. It is not graphics intensive and by all means and purposes plays similar to an old school rts/rpg. It has nodes to mine, cities to build, resources to gather, players to group with, players to fight, crafting, and more.

I have been playing this game for roughly four days now and while I was really skeptical at first, I have come to understand and appreciate the game a whole lot more. I had nobody to help me when I started and I did not know about the free 1,000 gold for using a referral code otherwise that would have been a huge help. In my four days I have just now hit the 1000 gold mark myself.

The game has an "item mall" for fruit, but you can do any and everything in the game without purchasing said items.

You can level up to 25 and you can choose to redo your skill sets and stuff like that. There are dungeons, there are dragons, trolls, boars and many more creatures to fight. You can raid other players claimed territories or you can start up guilds and group together.

Best of all in this game you can kill iPhone users.

You can read more over at Parallel Kingdom and read their forums and FAQ.

Here is the code to scan to access it on the market:

AndroidBarcodeLink.png

Also, if you want 1,000 gold here is what you do:

When you first begin the game, hit the Menu button and then tap "Profile." In the Profile page, tap the red button in the upper right hand corner and then "Enter Referral Code." Type in "lmali" without the quotes. You'll get 1,000 Gold once you complete the tutorial. Be sure to enter the code in right away. After the tutorial is done, you won't be able to enter it in anymore.

Screenshots of the game:

Videos of the game

Other referral codes:
Knipu

Last edited:
OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Well, made it to level three and I upgraded my "hut" to a "house" so that I could place items in my bag, on the floor for storage so I had more space to carry items out in the world. I had up to 2k gold but now I am back down to 1,000. It is a bit tedious to start but once you get the hang of the game it becomes pretty fun.

Mojo

Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, but looks pretty fun for those that are into that kind of gaming. Thanks for letting us know

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, but looks pretty fun for those that are into that kind of gaming. Thanks for letting us know
Yeah, a lot of people do not like the "grind" of MMORPGs in general where you do something for long periods of time and even avid fans of MMORPGs may be turned off by this game graphics, but when I need an hour or so to kill this has been doing it for me.

jimmyg

Reaction score
Only bad part of this game is that it makes you think it's 100% free. they pretty much force you to buy food from 3$ to 70$ (real money) to continue playing. you start with 300 food and it 80 food every level and more food to feed your dog. you can try to recruit new people and get 200 food or try trading, however as a new player you have nothing of value to trade.

I'd say away unless you really wana grind away just to be able to level. Stuck @ level 4 and can't get anymore XP untill i buy food.

Greedy people....

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Just from recruiting people alone I have made around 2k food in just two days time. I have also started trading. As a new player you just need to collect the easy to get resources and sell them in bulk at trade shops. Things like wood, metal, or berries people will always need. Wood and leather can make you a bunch from people who need to craft.

someone

Reaction score
Just from recruiting people alone I have made around 2k food in just two days time. I have also started trading. As a new player you just need to collect the easy to get resources and sell them in bulk at trade shops. Things like wood, metal, or berries people will always need. Wood and leather can make you a bunch from people who need to craft.

I take it you can use that to get more food?

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Does this work with WiFi? I had a connection time out when i tried, I dont get great reception in my house.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score

I take it you can use that to get more food?

Correct. When you sell items at the shop you can choose to sell for gold or sell for food.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Does this work with WiFi? I had a connection time out when i tried, I dont get great reception in my house.

It should work with wifi. Just give it a go and see what happens.

Ok cool, got it. Used your referral code. What do you get out of it? gold?
When and if you complete the tutorial, its a book in your inventory, you get 1000 gold, and I get 200 food.

Also, once you complete the tutorial feel free to post your referral code here and I will add it to the first post.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
It should work with wifi. Just give it a go and see what happens.

When and if you complete the tutorial, its a book in your inventory, you get 1000 gold, and I get 200 food.

Also, once you complete the tutorial feel free to post your referral code here and I will add it to the first post.

I did the first tutorial, hopefully thats all i needed to do. My code is hxiam. I got my sister to try it on her iPhone, hopefully she does the tutorial so i can get some food.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score

I did the first tutorial, hopefully thats all i needed to do. My code is hxiam. I got my sister to try it on her iPhone, hopefully she does the tutorial so i can get some food.
I promise to add it tomorrow I am just really exhausted from work tonight. Just wanted to post and say I haven't forgotten.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Update coming!

Updates and New Content Arriving Monday

1/14/2010 Hey PK,

We've some cool new tweaks and new content to offer. There will be a server restart on Monday, January 18th at 10:30am (US Central time) and that is when the following changes will go into effect.

First, we've been looking at making the city mechanics a bit more balanced. I won't tell you everything that we are adjusting right now. However, for the time being, I will say that the dump prices will be decreased 20% for the city-based resources. That means Crystal will be dumped for 8 gold each and Crude Oil will be dumped for 4 gold each. Also, you may have already noticed that we've fixed the military Golems so they are now a bit more formidable. We will make a more comprehensive announcement a day or so before the update explaining the other adjustments.

Second, you will have much greater control to customize your notifications and preferences. You may have already noticed the new "Notifications" link in your Profile. This feature is already live and allows you to decide whether or not you want to receive out-of-game notifications for many different in-game occurrences. Check out this feature now by visiting your Profile and tapping the "Notifications" link at the top.

On Monday, there will be another link in your profile page called "Preferences." This link will allow you to customize your preferences for some in-game notifications.

You will be able to decide preferences for: If you want notifications when your wells are full If you want to send notifications to others when you sign on If you want to receive notifications when others sign on And a couple other settings

Third, we're very happy to announce that a bunch more Faces will be available. There will be 25 additional Faces for EACH gender. That's 50 new Faces! And these will all be available in every Trade Post, so no more having to find a Traveling Merchant just to get a new face.

That's all for now but stay tuned because there will be a more in-depth announcement coming a day or so prior to the update. Thanks everyone =)