Panoramic view for camera?

Reaction score
I cannot get the phone to successfully take a panoramic picture anymore, I loved that feature! It now hangs up really badly and doesn't even give me the picture back stitched up like it should be, utterly broken!!! please fix this feature!

Also, while I am here, reception really sucks now since .905... Data drops all the damn time! Soooo frustrating... map utterly useless... GPS CANNOT CONNECT or connected for a minute then drops.... I am here on Huntsville Alabama if that helps! Soooo frustrated with this phone!!! Used to love it now I want to throw it against a damn wall.....

gsDroid

Reaction score
Did the camera problem happen with the .905 OTA? I'm stock, rooted, .905 OTA and I just tried the panorama mode for the first time. It's neat how you hit the button to start and it automatically takes the next picture(s) as you move left, right, up, or down. I didn't realize that at first and kept trying to manually take the next frame. It takes them automatically until you hit the button to stop, then it stitches them. Cool. You might try clearing cache and data under settings > applications > manage apps > all > camera.

For the gps, download free GPS Status from the market. Outside with a clear view of S, SW turn on wifi, data, and gps. Start GPS status and go into options > tools > manage agps > reset and download agps data. When you see the green bars (representing satellites) open maps and see if you're locked in. Don't throw your bionic, show it some love.

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
I will try all that stuff when I get off of work and get back with you, thanks for the heads up!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
OP I just tried to do a panoramic shot on my Bionic and it was failing. Took forever at the stitching and wouldn't save.

I cleared data on the camera and it fixed it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
yes, thank you for your help... I got it to work after clearing the data, we shouldn't have to clear the data every time to get it to work tho... that is definitely a bug of some kind, appreciate your help fellas!
Also on top of that, my gps is still screwed up though... will try to work with it or use a different map system...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is it for anything GPS or just in Google Maps?

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
I was only use google maps before, but after you mentioned that I went and look for everything that used GPS and it is not really working real well with anything... Might be the area to as I was talking with other people here and they said they were having intermittent problems as well.... :-|

bbucks36

Reaction score
if you have that much problems with .905 then go back to .902 and freeze the update feature. change this in apps (com.motorola.blur.updater) add .bak ..done

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
redspawnsilver said:
I was only use google maps before, but after you mentioned that I went and look for everything that used GPS and it is not really working real well with anything... Might be the area to as I was talking with other people here and they said they were having intermittent problems as well.... :-|

You may want to report it to verizon, and see if they can suggest anything

When my cousins Evo (different network I know) was having Gps issues, all the Evo hacking forums told me to have her call sprint.

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
Just a heads up for all those that helped me I said screw it and installed ICS, LOL... Now I have no problem with the GPS and 3g/4g, thanks guys for ask the help! Appreciated! Also panoramic view seems to be acting better so far, but we will see...