1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

panoramic pictures not working

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by spillner, Jul 30, 2011.

1. spillner

spillner New Member

I've been trying to take panoramic pitcures and it doesn't seem to save them. After scanning a few grids I hit the stop button to let it "stitch" them, it goes into a stitching loading screen for about a minute then takes me back to the main camera. Am I missing a step here? The pictures are not saved in gallery either.
  2. technogeek00

technogeek00 New Member

Interesting, I just tried what you said and it did fail to stitch when I told it where to stop.
    However, when I continue to move until it automatically stops capturing, it will render a fully stitched image almost instantly.

Okay but after a bit more testing I found this:
    EDIT: When stitching after capturing an area and pressing the stop button two results can happen:
    1) if you capture the last area and then move the camera in the same direction that the stitch was going, the stitch will fail when you hit the stop button.
    2) if you capture the last area and then move in the opposite direction of the stitch until a red arrow is shown on screen, the stitch will work correctly.

Whenever the application stitches correctly, the stitching is quick.

This is a really odd error, try it out and let me know how it works for you.
  3. islander90

islander90 New Member

awesome... thanks for the tip. I was trying to figure out why mine wasn't working either and that definitely fixed it. strange but good to know!
  4. y2k2

y2k2 New Member

So is there an official fix for this? I have the same problem. I let it do the stitching after I hit the stop button. But then, there is no saved image.
Search tags for this page
android not saving panorama

android not saving panoramic pictures

android panorama not working

camera stop working after panorama shot save

droid bionic panorama not working

droid dna panorama not working

droid x2 panorama doesnt work
galaxy s3 panorama fail
galaxy s4 panorama photo not working
how do you take pictures on a droid dna phone panoramic
htc dna panoramic picture mode not working correctly