Panoramic Photo Transfer

Cro21

Reaction score
Just got back from an awesome trip and tried to upload all my pano pictures. I tried 3 computers (Mac / XP and Win 7) all 3 cannot seem to recognize the panoramic type. The photos extension are labeled as .jpg.

Does it have to do with the stitching the Droid does? Should I be using an app on my droid or possibly an application/software for the computer?

OP
C

Cro21

Reaction score
Any suggestions?

Has anyone tried to review panoramic photos? If so can you explain how you viewed them?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Not sure what app you all are using for panoramic pictures. If I want a pano, I shoot a sequence with overlaps and load it into Hugin on the desktop and build the pano from it. .JPG is a JPEG and pretty much any picture software should know how to handle it.

Perhaps if you describe what you see when you try to open the file. and what application you used on the droid.

OP
C

Cro21

Reaction score
I havent downloaded any applications to assist me with shooting the pano pictures. I use the generic camera.

- I choose my camera
- Change the layout from single to pano
- Take the photos
- When I am done it says "Stitching Photos"
- Brings me back to the generic camera

Whats even more weird is that I cannot locate the pano pictures via the droid 3. When I attach the Droid to a PC, I can see the pano pictures (as an icon, not as the picture). When I try and open the picture it states that the picture is not supported (I verified file extension it states .jpg). I can find normal pictures just fine though.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
My guess is that there's a bug in the writing of the file. It isn't a special format.