Pandora

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nivensid, Jun 26, 2010.

1. nivensid

nivensid New Member

The short time I have been on here I have learned alot thanks to everyone's replies.
    Now down to business, When you play Pandora and select an artist should all the songs played be by that artist? I selected one and the first song is by the artist but the rest are by various artists. That's not what I want, am I doing something wrong here? Need some help again please.... I want to just hear the artists I select if possible.
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I think it goes by genre even though you put in an certain artist's name. Just "thumbs down" it.
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I am pretty sure that is not what it does, at least not for me I have never tried to set it that way though. It takes an Artist puts it in a genre and then plays back more just like it. You can also access your Pandora account online and there are more settings there. I am sure some people would be interested if you find out it can be done
  4. techRob

techRob New Member

Basically it plays music that is "similar" to the artist you put in. give the artist you like a thumbs up, and more of that artist should play.
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus New Member

There's actually laws governing this. Pandora is basically a radio station and is subject to FCC guidelines and laws. The FCC does not allow a radio station to play the same artist more than 4 times in a row.

Plus, the way Pandora stays free is that they promise artists exposure by getting artists on front of audiences that may appreciate them based on similar artist interest. So, labels will allow them to steam their music free with the hope that exposure will equal sales.

I may be wrong on the whole FCC thing.... I think I read it somewhere and may have some details wrong. Please someone correct me if they know more about this
  6. li2327

li2327 New Member

I never knew about the thumbs up tip. That's awesome. I love this forum. :)
  7. nivensid

nivensid New Member

Thanks for the info on this, I learn something new everyday with this phone...
Search tags for this page
change music type on pandora
free pandora
how do you change music type on pandora

how to change music genre on pandora

how to change pandora type of music
pandora
switch songs pandora how to