Pandora, Youtube, and MP3 not working!

flyboyzz1

Reaction score
Hello all. I've found so many answers to problems on this site so thanks!

Here is my problem which has been occurring for some time.

1) I try to start Pandora and it searches for a bit and then gives me the error "sorry, I'm unable to retrieve music from Pandora.com". I keep getting this every time I try. I have deleted and reinstalled the app 10 times. I have the correct user and password. I can see my stations but it never plays songs. If I turn off the phone and back on this problem goes away for about an hour or so. If I exit and come back it will not work again and I have to reset.

2) Youtube- I can access the youtube mainframe but when I click on a video I get the error "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played." Again, as with pandora I can restart my phone and it works for a bit.

3) I have downloaded mp3s onto my media card and everything worked great. Lately, I have been getting the following error "sorry the player does not support this type of audio file". Again as with all the other problems a re-start will fix the problem.

All three of these problems happen together it would seem. I have never had it where one worked while the other two didn't. I have a feeling that they have something in common. PLEASE help!

glennj

Reaction score
Well yet another crappy bug here.....now my Pandora just started giving me the "sorry i'm unable to play music from Pandora" notification after playing for about 5 minutes. This was the first time I launched Pandora since the 2.2 update. Sound was sub-par as compared to when played on 2.1, as has been reported.

Signing out/force-stopping/rebooting, etc. does not help and I cannot play anything now from Pandora. I'm luck if any partcular station loads, but it shows me my stations.

Not quite sure what to do with this....

Orion223

Reaction score
My droid is having the same problems - no video (even d/l'ded stuff), youtube or pandora - it all started when I started getting the update pushed to my phone, which I have been dutifully ignoring - would like to get that to stop, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, I would LOVE to get my video/youtube stuff back. PUH-LEEEEZE HELP!! :( Also, if this might help any RESCUE SQUAD that haven't left us poor souls with droid 1's in the ash-heap of history, it appears that just having the update pushed to the phone, even WITHOUT actually installing it has completely disabled or even deleted the root version of Flash 10.1/

rynoman03

Reaction score
I'm having issues with Youtube playing through the app or browser as well. I've found numerous other people who have this problem from googling the issue. We're not alone. Although I haven't found a solution.

Orion223

Reaction score
Hopefully someone with some know-how will get a look at this soon and HOPEFULLY find a simple solution lol - here's HOPING.

rynoman03

Reaction score
I got my stuff to work again. Pulled the battery and let the phone set for a minute. Put the battery back in and booted up phone. Youtube works again. :D

Orion223

Reaction score
Similar solution here - with the added step of removing/reinserting the SDcard. All's well now :)

wallofstone

Reaction score
Still not working

Aggrivating.... Still not working... Rescue please help... Happened after I updated as well

RageSphere

Reaction score
Same problem for me. I just installed the APP today and it worked until I "quit". And now I get the "Sorry I am unable to retrieve music from Pandora". I get screen shots of artists, but no music before I get the error message. I also got a "We are experience problems" error message. Going to remove the battery and see if that works.

wallofstone

Reaction score
ok this is an epidemic

Seriously... this is ticking me and alot of others off. The droid x is supposed to be
A multimedia powerhouse and it was... untill I did the latest
2.2 update. Now I can't use mp3 as ringtones... nothing streams at all...youtube,
Pandora, even getting on the web and trying to stream is not working
wtf! Motorola gotta fix this... I have even master reset my phone
all the way back to stock and tried to use youtube and zedge and still no luck...
reduce sqaud... 911moto whoever! We really need you bc moto has stripped
Us of the very thing that made our phones great... oh and
For those who say if your phone needs to not b rooted... mine isint so
Shut up... someone please help

cacadong

Reaction score
Hello,
would you want to download YouTube to MP3 player? you can try Video Download Studio.

edgdadvs1

Reaction score
can someone post a solution?

I have the htc evo... i pulled out the battery and sd card... waited ten minutes unintalled pandora, restarted... and niether you tube, or pandora will work... what should i do?

ch333

Reaction score
Same problem for me. I just installed the APP today and it worked until I "quit". And now I get the "Sorry I am unable to retrieve music from Pandora". I get screen shots of artists, but no music before I get the error message. I also got a "We are experience problems" error message. Going to remove the battery and see if that works.

I had the same issue on Liberty 1.0. I flashed to Liberty 1.5 and fixed my problem. For those of you with this problem, I'd recommend a re-flash.