Pandora vs. Navigation on Froyo

urklegrue

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything about this.

Before I had Froyo, when playing Pandora in the car and the Navigation simultaneously, Pandora would pause while the Droid-Nav voice spoke, and then come right back on. Now, if the Droid-Nav speaks, Pandora stays paused and has to be manually started again by pressing play. Which renders it pretty much useless while I'm driving.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix?

bronx finest

Reaction score
Think it may be something Pandora needs to address regarding Froyo.

This used to work for me as well, and I haven't tested it to see if it still does, but I'd guess it wouldn't, as the phone call interruptions also leave Pandora permanently paused now as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think it may be something Pandora needs to address regarding Froyo.

This used to work for me as well, and I haven't tested it to see if it still does, but I'd guess it wouldn't, as the phone call interruptions also leave Pandora permanently paused now as well.

Smart thinking. It's always the app is built for the OS not the other way around.

Have you tried playing music off your phone while navigating? Does the same thing happen?

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
Have you tried playing music off your phone while navigating? Does the same thing happen?

No, I haven't. Good idea. I'll try it next time I go somewhere. The nav wasn't working for me today or yesterday but that's another issue.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
had this problem, definitely a pandora issue... pandora is a little buggy on froyo - the nav issue plus random songs play in horrible sound quality

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and maybe i should rephrase, pandora isn't buggy, it just hasn't be dev'd yet for froyo (to follow up on hook's comment!)

Mateles

Reaction score
I've got 2 issues with Pandora (on Froyo - BB 0.4):
1. Nav problem discussed in this thread.
2. When I unplug my headphones, it does not pause (it used to before Froyo). When I use the regular music player, it pauses when I unplug headphones.

Last edited:

indefactorX

Reaction score
same issues as the last guy, its not just with navigation but also when making phone calls, the problem is deffinately within pandora... just nolticed, Notifications pause & re-continue pandora... strange

Taegost

Reaction score
I saw a post yesterday about another Pandora issue, it appears that the development team hasn't gotten around to 2.2 yet, and no ETA on it.
I have the same issue, and I believe it's because the hooks for the audio changed with 2.2 to make applications more robust, and make it easier to pass the audio back and forth like this. I remember seeing that in the changelog for the 2.2 SDK. Navigation uses the hook to take control, but my guess is that Pandora isn't using the proper hook to get it back.
This is actually the only thing holding me back from actually purchasing Pandora :(

stonegold

Reaction score
New Pandora update, but apparently didn't do anything to fix the nav problem.

mmike.petch

Reaction score
i'm having the music interruption problem with the standard htc music player and the navigation as well... EXTREMELY frustrating.