pandora VS last FM what the diference and is there better

fantom557

Reaction score
I am looking for a good streaming music app. i have Pandora and i have lastfm do i need both and are there better ones out there.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's any better but there if Slacker and I Heart Radio also.

baniels

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Last FM's name is also the title of a Steely Dan song.

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
iheartradio really isn't comparable to Last.fm and Pandora (or Slacker, for that matter). It just streams existing OTA radio stations. Slacker is a bit different from Last.fm and Pandora fundamentally, but all three are based on playing music they think you'll want to hear.

What it really comes down to is personal preference. They all use different algorithms to determine what you like, and I think the consensus is that Pandora's Music Genome Project is the most advanced, but that doesn't necessarily mean better. I prefer Pandora, but it does tend to play a lot of the same songs over and over. It's been a while since I've tried Last.fm so maybe I'll give it another shot.

Scribble

Reaction score
Lastfm also links to your various computer media players, so whenever you play local music, it helps it determine what you like.

Also if you have an Xbox 360 it is available on there as well-

Since it's available on so many different systems I use, I find it tracks my music habits a lot better then Pandora.

bllarkin

Reaction score
It's a preference thing. I have used Last.FM for a few years, so it already has a lot of my play history and is better tailored to me, so I use that. It also works on my Xbox 360.

Samstag

Reaction score
I only use Last.fm, but that's because I listen to a lot of Russian artists and Pandora doesn't support cyrillic searches.

amjacobs1

Reaction score
I have Pandora, Droid Live and Last.fm. While I'm driving, I never lose Pandora. I have lost Droid Live and Last.fm. Last.fm seems to zero in better on my music preferences than Droid Live and Pandora, but Pandora sounds better. Toss up. That's why I have all three.

Last edited:

backlash

Reaction score
So which apps played unedited songs? Last time I had last.fm installed, it was playing edited songs, as in NO explicit lyrics, it was kind of annoying.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Wow no clear winner!

Download and try them all. They are all similar, but slightly different. e.g. I downloaded iheartradio, but it did not have any of the local stations I was looking for so I downloaded and now use cherry rplayer. I only chose slacker over pandora because I already have a slacker radio and had several custom stations created already.

johall07

Reaction score
only big difference pandora you get 5 skips an hour last fm as many as you want