Pandora update?

jloya

Reaction score
I just checked the market and saw there was a Pandora update, does anyone know what they have attempted to fix as I have seen alot of threads regarding issues with pandora?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I do not know for sure, but I hear that all this update does is add more advertising functionality. So apparently nothing was changed besides the ads are better haha. Stupid.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
I do not know for sure, but I hear that all this update does is add more advertising functionality. So apparently nothing was changed besides the ads are better haha. Stupid.

great job pandora...lol

liferefugee

Reaction score
I have not noticed a difference with this update, except now I get an add for Target in the stream now and again.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
maybe pandora can take some of that advertisement money its gettin from target and further develop their app

liferefugee

Reaction score
yea, some of the lock ups are a pain, but hey, for a service that streams me music I like and I dont have to pay for it... an issue here or there is not going to bug me too much.

brochaos

Reaction score
you get ads regardless if you update or not. they are fairly rare though. i had one or two this morning before i updated.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
you get ads regardless if you update or not. they are fairly rare though. i had one or two this morning before i updated.

youve always gotton ads on pandora but I think what the poster was referring to was that the update just affects/changes the adds and does not provide any improvements functionality wise

brochaos

Reaction score
i dunno, i think people are overreacting about the ads. i just listened to like 10 songs after the update and didn't get a single ad...

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Honestly, I paid for the yearly subscription and it was well worth it. Better than satellite radio IMO. I control the content moreso.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
Honestly, I paid for the yearly subscription and it was well worth it. Better than satellite radio IMO. I control the content moreso.

how much is the yearly/monthly subscription?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Pandora and Slacker Radio, I hardly use Pandora anymore, the music is so compressed it just sounds horrid compared to Slacker Radio, Slacker just sounds better, much better.

foxdog

Reaction score
I went back to an older version of Pandora, for 1 its themed and 2 I don't get ads anymore. I think some roms block ads by default (even audio ads) the only thing i see between the versions is the ads. On updated version i would get ads all the time (even 'blocking' them) older version.... no ads at all