Pandora UI Goes Blank

TekHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue where the UI for the most part for pandora just goes blank leaving just the play skip ect and will no longer play unless you restart the app

Darkbleed

Reaction score
Yes it tends to happen if I try to use another app while it's running. Have to hit the settings key, exit, and restart the app. Guess it isn't just me. :p

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
yea it happens alot when i use the nav app and pandora streaming to my car its nice to have the music pause when the annoying chick is telling you to turn lol

Szuch123

Reaction score
Yes...

I have the same issue.

Only noticed it when I use navigation, as the user above me explained.

Really sucks IMO.

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
I have the same issue.

Only noticed it when I use navigation, as the user above me explained.

Really sucks IMO.

you should email them about it ill bet you they tell you its not a issue with there app but with the android platforms memory management and to try using a task killer app "which normally ends up causing more issues then it fixes" and some other weird lemmings memory app >< the issue is more them being to lazy to code proper memory management into their app ~.~

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest another potential source of the problem. I play Padora regularly on my computer and find it sometimes stops when it has trouble connecting to the internet at a sufficient download speed. When that happens I have to hit the play (>) or confirm that the streaming is shifting to a slower speed. (The paid app allows one to control that speed on the desktop application.)

Haven't had it happen to my phone but I suspect the problem may be bandwidth contention when a call comes in.

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
I'd suggest another potential source of the problem. I play Padora regularly on my computer and find it sometimes stops when it has trouble connecting to the internet at a sufficient download speed. When that happens I have to hit the play (>) or confirm that the streaming is shifting to a slower speed. (The paid app allows one to control that speed on the desktop application.)

Haven't had it happen to my phone but I suspect the problem may be bandwidth contention when a call comes in.

never had a problem with it after a call its always when its sitting in my car dock for the most part with either nav or a im convo or nothing at all to make my point with the email support team i killed every app on the phone but pandora and still had it do it after 30 minutes or so

i have the yearly subscription and love the service on the pc but the app just makes me sad now

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

never had a problem with it after a call its always when its sitting in my car dock for the most part with either nav or a im convo or nothing at all to make my point with the email support team i killed every app on the phone but pandora and still had it do it after 30 minutes or so

i have the yearly subscription and love the service on the pc but the app just makes me sad now

Didn't mean to suggest that using the phone is the only source of bandwidth contention. Navigation may well be culprit. In fact, I've noticed on my desktop system that Pandora sometimes stops when everyone else in the neighborhood gets home and begins to contend with me for cable access to the internet.

P.S. Out of curiosity I just skimmed the (very long) set of FAQ's on the Pandora website. No definitive answer about this, but network contention appears to be the most common source of problems of the nature noted here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had the pandora widget installed on the bottom of my home screen so that later I could continue listening to a particular song later. And I noticed the blank screen a lot. I deleted the widget and just pause the song and exit pandora. When I am ready to listen again I am able to go into pandora and just press play. Ever since I deleted the widget the problem happens less frequently. It still happens every now and then. Nice to hear its a problem amongst many droid users.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Pandora was the first app I got and I've been using it for about a month and have only had this happen one time (and I think that was due to a friend just checking out my phone and opening then trying to close Pandora immediately and it just sort of glitched in startup). I've had Pandora streaming while navigation going (made an entire 2hour car ride with both going the whole time without a problem), while checking e-mail and facebook, receiving/answering texts/emails/calls and it always works flawlessly. Music stops when turn directions or calls come through, and resumes when they are done. Anytime I'm doing something else, I use the notification bar to get back to Pandora and the screen always comes up fine (if I just leave it on the Pandora screen it always seems to wake up from idle fine too). No idea why it seems to work in those situations for me and not for you guys, but it apparently is capable at least of doing so.

3rdphotorecon

Reaction score
Pandora has a built in setting that shuts it down after a specific amount of time to conserve memory. I had this problem also when I paused it for a while. With pandora open if you bring up the menu and go into settings you can change the amount of time before it does this. I have noticed a difference since I changed mine. Hope this helps

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
yea i changed that setting a while back small help, i think im going to play with it some more again since im overclocked now and my memory seems to sit around 82mb now

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
haha..... well that was a fail and a half started pandora opened dolp hand facebook touch up worked fine opened myspace mobile game over has to be a memory issue