Pandora or Slacker?

jasonb

Reaction score
ok, i just got the adapter for my Pioneer car radio to hook the phone to an AUX input in the back.

Pandora sounds great, and LastFM sounds great now that i realized there is a high quality setting in the settings menu. if you use LastFM, make sure to set it to high quality or else it will sound like garbage. i have heard numerous people say Slacker sounds good. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. it seems a lot of songs have something funky going on with the bass. it's easily noticeable both in my car and on my big surround sound system at home and has nothing to do with the volume i am playing it on the droid. it does it at any volume i try.

i do like the way the Slacker interface works. it lets you either listen to music by genre, or the same way as Pandora or LastFM by putting in an artist you like. so i wish it sounded better, or i'd be using it.

i also just discovered Droidlive/Droidlive Lite. another really great sounding internet radio app.

Last edited:

helloledbetter

Reaction score
I used Slacker on my BB and love it hands down over Pandora. However, on my Droid, the Slacker app has awful sound quality (and i'm no audiophile). I know the issue with distorted bass has been noted here, but some of you seem to be saying it sounds fine. What gives? Something I'm doing wrong?

StupidityKills

Reaction score
Slacker all the way

I have used both extensively and I can say for me it is Slacker for sure. I like their interface better and when I customize a station based on a song search, I get a better selection of music that suites my taste. Pandora seems boring to me after using Slacker.

Jason

Reaction score
Slacker has commercials? That is horrible. I hate commercials and I like the thumbs up and thumps down on Pandora. I also like how you create stations

RLJSlick

Reaction score
I love Pandora but why choose? You them both! Don't for get Droid Live. It's starting to get a lot of play.

jasonb

Reaction score
I love Pandora but why choose? You them both! Don't for get Droid Live. It's starting to get a lot of play.

DroidLive FTW! LastFM and Pandora are cool and all but sometimes real radio stations just sorted by genre is nice too. DroidLive will be my most used internet radio.

MrMan

Reaction score
Slacker for sure, you can personalize the station however you like AND the big thing, is Slacker (free version) has no hour limit, Pandora (free version) you can only listen to 40hrs per month and then they cut you off. You then either have to upgrade to pro or wait until the next month to start listening again.
Slacker wins!