Pandora EXTREMELY buggy in ss4.7

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by yakitori, Sep 15, 2010.

1. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I recently flashed to a different rom because I was having buggy issues with my ss4.7. I dont really know why, but I never could get pandora to work. I ALWAYS get the Experiencing unknown technical difficulties. etc.

Freezing,...Id reboot...it would play half a song...freeze again. I then started having other issues with freezing and force closing...tried fixing permissions...didnt help. I just ditched it because I had a nandroid backup of it when it was running great (lucky me). I think it was something to do with some apps I had installed lately, but since it was so many...I didnt feel like deleting a bunch of them and adding them back.

Also, my phone didnt like the lv kernels with ss4.7, but my girls phone is smooth as hell with UD8.0 and chevy lv 1.1 ghz kernel....so I went with the same combo as her...and my phone is super smooth and temps are much lower. I decided to do this when I saw her phone after she got off work...from 8 am - 530 pm and still had 70 percent left on her battery. Albeit she didnt use her phone much and I underclocked her phone for screen off.

Anyway...I miss some of the features that chevy roms have (esp the extended media control), so...Ill run with what I have till 4.8 is out for a bit and see what people have to say about 4.8.

EDIT: I just wanted to follow up with why this was happening to me. It was not pandora...and it was not exactly the ss4.7 rom either (well, not totally). The issue was the OTA update that verizon was trying to push to my phone running in background...heating up my phone, making pandora experience difficulties..as well as Youtube not playing videos. I fixed the issue using root explorer directions from the "OTA Update blocking thread". Havent had an issue with it since. Truly LOVE ss Rom.

2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have update #2 applied? I knew 1 and 2 were supposed to fix it.

3. sranger

sranger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google really did some damage with streaming audio in Froyo... I tested every ROM that claimed to have Google patch to fix the audio quality problems. SS4.7 was the best I tested. It still does not sound as good as 2.1 did when streaming over 3G, but it was the best.

I did notice a few of the issues you found, however, the .1 ans .2 updates really seemed to help....

I am not sure the quality issue when streaming over 3G will ever be truly solved until Pandora quits using AAC+ on 3G. I have a sneaking suspicion that the streaming audio problems have something to do withe the new Music service is rumored to be introducing soon...

4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I had both updates applied as OTA updates...and the problem was so bad with pandora...after rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling pandora many times...I gave up on ss4.7

I will be checking in on ss4.8 for sure...I REALLY like chevy ssRom. I still have a nandroid backup of it before I started having probs...so when 4.8 comes out..Ill restore backup and update to 4.8.

5. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a 2.2 issue. Google fixed it with the second 2.2 so the problem is not on frg22d builds. Ss4.7 is the prior 2.2 still (i forget what build it is) i believe ss4.8 will be a frg22d build so it wont have por steaming quality.

6. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    streaming quality was fine when it worked. Im not talking about the muffled garbage that was coming out of FRG22D....stock. pandora sucked on the FRG22D update. At least mine did. Every other song sounded like it came off a 20 year old cassette tape.

Sound quality on every song was crystal clear on ss4.7 when it was working....it just got buggy on me, so I got rid of the ROM altogether.

reading the comments in pandora market details...lately pandora blows, and a lot of people are complaining.

I just couldnt even get it to load a song. I kept getting this pop up window saying experience technical difficulties...press ok...and it continually pops up...quickly too...like I had to race the pop up to the menu and quit...sometimes it beat me to it. lol.

have not experienced any probs with my current rom and chevy lv kernel.

7. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found an older version of Pandora that works grate. Its themed and version 1.4 (market version 1.4.1) theres even less advertisements. Im on a frg22d build.

8. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    It may still help to have stagefright disabled, although I'm not a Pandora user now so I'm not sure. What I do know is that for SiriusXM stagefright still needs to be disabled even on FRG22D. And we're still waiting for SXM's own official Froyo update...

9. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I havent had any issues with pandora, or the sound quality of it. i use it pretty regularly... Running SS 4.7 Update 2

Search tags for this page

error 417 on pandora