1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pandora crashing

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Ghostwheel, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Does Pandora crash a lot, or is it just me? I like to plug it into the car stereo for when I'm driving, but after three or four songs, it seems like I have about a 50/50 chance of crashing, and the Pandora app just quits. I'm left with no music for the rest of my ride, since I don't want to monkey with it while driving. At this rate, I'd rather just use my old mp3 player. Any Pandora insights?
  2. qoncept

qoncept New Member

As long as mine is playing I've never had it crash. The only issue I have is with bringing it back up after it's been idle for a while. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?
  3. 640k

640k New Member

i've found that launching it through its widget or through the recent apps list is always problematic for pandora, so i always open it through its icon.

the only time it crashes is in those situations. other than that, the only problems i have with the app are the data disconnects and the service dropping.

always quit pandora when you're done, and then use the icon. you might have better results if you stick to this.

there's also slacker, which downloads the entire song before playing it, which can be good for bad connections. the problem i've run into slacker, however, is that it seems to be a resource hog. i've had it bring my phone to a crawl after using it.
  4. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Haven't tried the uninstall/reinstall yet. I was hoping to avoid that.

I've been running it using the icon (which I put into a multimedia folder on the desktop); I haven't even installed the widget.

Maybe it's the service dropping, and the app times out after a certain period of no service?
  5. Riley

Riley New Member

Mine crashes as well, but only forces back to my home screen, but continues to play in the background......it's odd. I have been waiting for another update. i also use DroidLive a lot for streaming stations and it's new update added landscape and a few other improvements, but since then it does a force close and continues to play, but doesn't force back to home, it just goes to my favorites list(I have the paid version).
  6. 640k

640k New Member

uninstalling the app isn't going to be intrusive. all of your stations are recorded at pandora.com, so you'll get them again when you enter your account information.
  7. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

I'll give it a try this evening. Thanks.
  8. amjacobs1

amjacobs1 New Member

I use Pandora and DroidLive as well. The only problem I had with either is that I lose the music stream in DroidLive. Hopefully your uninstall/install works.
  9. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

my UI just goes blank and I have to close and reload Pandora never a full crash though been waiting for an update since the day droid was luanched using BB rom now and have not had this happen yet oddly
  10. Funky145

Funky145 New Member

Lately, I've been turning WiFi off when I'm going to be streaming music over 3G and I've noticed that Pandora and Slacker perform much more reliably.
  11. javapop

javapop New Member

I have had issues with pandora crashing.... regularly
  12. mdhuber25

mdhuber25 New Member

same problem here. a lot of times when im using wifi but most often when i go for a run and i use the Runner app in tandem. it takes 1 or 2 more launches to get it running again, starting to get quite annoying.
  13. amjacobs1

amjacobs1 New Member

I never had a problem with Pandora until I put on the Helix launcher. I had my first crash with Pandora after that. I haven't used it much in the last week to repeat it, but I think other apps may conflict with Pandora causing the crashes.
Search tags for this page
android pandora crash
pandora always crashes

pandora app keeps crashing

pandora app keeps quitting
pandora crashes
pandora crashes android

pandora crashes on android

pandora crashing

pandora crashing android

pandora crashing on android

pandora keeps crashing