Pandora CRASHING regular

javapop

Reaction score
I have noticed that Pandora crashed pretty regular when out on the road, which is really the only time I use it. I have been using Adamz Smoked Glass v. ROM for about a month. Was on droidmod v.1 prior.

Has anyone else noticed any issues with Pandora? Any ideas?

smidison

Reaction score
Seems all online radio streams have problems.

Yes, I have noticed that all online radio streams have begun to act abnormally after the 2.1 update. A huge amount of buffering is happening now, that was not the case before the 2.1 update. The last second of a song sometimes repeats like a cd that skips, replays. The stream skips into the next song somewhere after the intro. With most of the online radio streams it is consistent on mostly every song now. Pandora does not seem to have the problem with the skipping; but it just goes away. I guess it is buffering in the background, and just not displaying that it is buffering. I thought Pandora was more stable than the online stations, until it just began to stop playing anything for a few minutes at a time, then it may or may not play after a while. It might be a memory management problem.

zfly9

Reaction score
I have noticed that Pandora crashed pretty regular when out on the road, which is really the only time I use it. I have been using Adamz Smoked Glass v. ROM for about a month. Was on droidmod v.1 prior.

Has anyone else noticed any issues with Pandora? Any ideas?

I've definitely seen this, and it is really annoying!

I am stock 2.1 (was rooted prior)..

Some of the things that happen:
1) It will just stop, I will have to exit (sometimes I have to exit twice).

2) It will stop when I do something else on the phone.

Also, the widget wont open the program a lot of times.

screwby

Reaction score
Im running BB v.9 chevy's 5 slot 1gh and my Pandora doesnt skip or stall but after about an hour it just crashes, and being an assembly line worker it kinda slows my day down.

smidison

Reaction score
Cheer up, It's just getting worse!

Oh man, the radio songs are getting mangled. Some don't even get halfway through, and it jumps to another song. I am sure if Pandora, or AOL online, Flycast, Android online radio, knew about how the songs were being mangled, there might be some communication from somebody, cause some of those stations run commercials that are getting mangled also. So, maybe it is VZN network, or the droid phone. I'll stop using the Droid, and see how the iphone does with Pandora and streaming radio.

superglen99

Reaction score
So I have cyanogen 5.0.6.2 hex fusion theme and bekit 5 slot 1ghz kernal. Pandora stops playing when I send a text or check something else on my phone. if I go back it only shows the play, pause, forward, and back buttons at the bottom and the rest of the screen is black. None of the buttons respond and I have to exit and restart. Really annoying and dangerous if I am driving. Any fixes for this?

brochaos

Reaction score
this happened when i was stock, and still happens when i'm OC'd and rooted. i am also running helix. i think it is a memory thing too. i always have to exit it twice, and then it works fine again. this usually only happens like once a day or so though. i have the same issues with the MLB app. actually that one got worse, now i can't even multitask with the audio still playing, it just instantly quits. used to work just fine...

rcfx

Reaction score
Im on DM 1.0 and it's been doing all of this stuff to me too. Seems like it just started a few weeks ago. Very frustrating when you're driving.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

superglen99

Reaction score
so I was thinking this might be a problem with maximizing free ram by killing stuff in the background. Like when your running pandora and you click on something else it automatically stops pandora to make the other program work fast,efficiently and takes pandora out of memory. any thoughts on this? i have noticed that cyanogen 5.0.6.2 rarely has anything running that doesnt need to be, its good at freeing up ram. strangely enough I usually only have 34m free caus the darn launcher uses around 70mb of memory!!!

superglen99

Reaction score
Alright I just emailed the developer cause no where on these forums can I find a solution so maybe the guy can tweak his app? hope it works...