1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pandora Audio Quality (compared to iPod touch)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by keith204, Aug 31, 2010.

1. keith204

keith204 New Member

I'm running 2.1 and the Pandora audio quality simply doesn't have any good clarity or punch. It sounds fine in my car because my car's speakers are bad.

I am a little spoiled with audio quality, but not that much. At work I use some Sony MDR 7506 cans. Using Pandora on my iTouch provides excellent clarity, bass, response, etc. Totally noticeable difference. This is the last reason I haven't given up my iPod yet.

Has anyone else seen the huge contrast in audio quality?

(I've tested on good wifi networks, and with the quality setting on 'high' which shouldn't matter, since it's not a cellular network)
  2. jloya

jloya New Member

ive noticed that even after adjusting the sound settings on the x its still not as good as the ipod touch but pretty close...im hoping 2.2 fill help this...

if you havent done this already go into settings<sound n display < medio auto effects < and then wired stereo devices...you can semi tune it to your liking

if anyone knows of any apps that further lets you adjust bass, treb, highs etc that would be awesome
  3. AtreyuRock

AtreyuRock New Member

Thanks, I just followed ur instructions and sound has improved dramatically.
  4. FastEddie

FastEddie New Member

dancedroid I play it thew my 5.1 in my car sounds very good to me. But you must ajust your setting.:icon_ banana:
  5. Sectime

Sectime New Member

Are you comparing 3G streaming vs WiFi ?
  6. xlivewire7x

xlivewire7x New Member

Also, Pandora for the Droid has two sound quality settings and chooses the lower quality option by default. To change this go into Pandora, hit the X's menu button, hit preferences, and click "high" for the first option. This should make a noticeable difference, at least it did for me. Also, regarding what sectime said, the audio quality can drop depding on if you are using WiFi or 3G since WiFi can handle more data.
  7. keith204

keith204 New Member

Yes I am comparing Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi. I set the audio bass boost which helped but still the audio quality of Pandora on the iPod sounds clearer and better. I probably would not notice if I had cheap headphones, but with my mentioned Sony's or just-received Phiaton earbuds the difference is plenty noticeable. Streaming from the PC and Mac Pandora One clients sounds great too, but the Android Pandora streaming is slightly subpar even with the sound enhancement on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. jloya

jloya New Member

I ride a motorcycle and driving from down town san diego up30 mins north blastin pandora on the x is definitely enjoyable...not as good as the ipod but im not complainin..it has yet to skip or lag throughout the whole ride
Search tags for this page
adjust bass on pandora
bass boost on pandora

bass boost pandora

bass booster for pandora
can you adjust the bass on pandora
can you increase the bass on pandora
how to add bass to pandora
how to adjust bass on pandora

how to boost bass on pandora

how to increase bass on pandora

how to incrrase pandora streaming quality