Pandora Audio Quality (compared to iPod touch)

keith204

Reaction score
I'm running 2.1 and the Pandora audio quality simply doesn't have any good clarity or punch. It sounds fine in my car because my car's speakers are bad.

I am a little spoiled with audio quality, but not that much. At work I use some Sony MDR 7506 cans. Using Pandora on my iTouch provides excellent clarity, bass, response, etc. Totally noticeable difference. This is the last reason I haven't given up my iPod yet.

Has anyone else seen the huge contrast in audio quality?

(I've tested on good wifi networks, and with the quality setting on 'high' which shouldn't matter, since it's not a cellular network)

jloya

Reaction score
ive noticed that even after adjusting the sound settings on the x its still not as good as the ipod touch but pretty close...im hoping 2.2 fill help this...

if you havent done this already go into settings<sound n display < medio auto effects < and then wired stereo devices...you can semi tune it to your liking

if anyone knows of any apps that further lets you adjust bass, treb, highs etc that would be awesome

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
ive noticed that even after adjusting the sound settings on the x its still not as good as the ipod touch but pretty close...im hoping 2.2 fill help this...

if you havent done this already go into settings<sound n display < medio auto effects < and then wired stereo devices...you can semi tune it to your liking

if anyone knows of any apps that further lets you adjust bass, treb, highs etc that would be awesome

Thanks, I just followed ur instructions and sound has improved dramatically.

FastEddie

Reaction score
dancedroid I play it thew my 5.1 in my car sounds very good to me. But you must ajust your setting.:icon_ banana:

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Also, Pandora for the Droid has two sound quality settings and chooses the lower quality option by default. To change this go into Pandora, hit the X's menu button, hit preferences, and click "high" for the first option. This should make a noticeable difference, at least it did for me. Also, regarding what sectime said, the audio quality can drop depding on if you are using WiFi or 3G since WiFi can handle more data.

OP
K

keith204

Reaction score
Yes I am comparing Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi. I set the audio bass boost which helped but still the audio quality of Pandora on the iPod sounds clearer and better. I probably would not notice if I had cheap headphones, but with my mentioned Sony's or just-received Phiaton earbuds the difference is plenty noticeable. Streaming from the PC and Mac Pandora One clients sounds great too, but the Android Pandora streaming is slightly subpar even with the sound enhancement on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jloya

Reaction score
I ride a motorcycle and driving from down town san diego up30 mins north blastin pandora on the x is definitely enjoyable...not as good as the ipod but im not complainin..it has yet to skip or lag throughout the whole ride