Pandigital Novel

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's relatively cheap too ($149?)... but seems rather slow.

OP
bdbraaten

bdbraaten

Reaction score
it's relatively cheap too ($149?)... but seems rather slow.

Yeah, she's wanted something like this for a while. Now she's going through Android withdrawls, broke her Ally and we had to send it in, so I thought this might tide her over.

They sell them for $169.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond where she works, with her discount and the $20 mail in rebate we'd get it for less then $120. For that price it sounds seriously tempting

jenjen

Reaction score
I got one from Kohl's, and with a coupon and their sale price it was $116 and I also got $20 in Kohl's Cash - so do your homework before purchasing at BB&B.

That aside, check out SlateDroid forums - someone over there figured out how to put Panda Home (or whatever your preferred home is) on it and it runs much faster that way. It is simple to do - I did it in under 5 minutes. I really like it. It's my first e-reader, so I don't have anything to compare it to though.

OP
bdbraaten

bdbraaten

Reaction score
I did some more research and while I found some interesting stuff about people rooting it. In the end though it turned out its not for us.

I'm looking for something that's more of a tablet first.

CRod

Reaction score
As far as the Pandigital Novel it is okay. It does not have nearly as many features as the iPad but it is okay if you are just going to use it to read a book. It is a little slow though. One thing that I noticed is that you can browse the net but cannot watch youtube videos. The other thing that sucks is that it is an Android system and does not have access to the Android Market. But for the price it is okay.

As for where to purchase the Pandigital, I would recommend Bed Bath & Beyond because if you have any problems with the item down the road BB&B will return it and give you your full refund even if it is a year later. BB&B also does price matches with their competitors.