PandaHome

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by b1gnasty, Nov 10, 2009.

1. cturcotte224

cturcotte224 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The final version for Android 2.0 was uploaded onto the app store today. If you search for Panda Home, it will show up as a update.

2. brian.bsi

brian.bsi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think what I am really looking for is an app that will allow me to add more screens to my default home screen. Not replacements, they all seem buggy.

I did download all panda versions I could find in market. Same problem, It also seemed to slow down the phone some.

3. cturcotte224

cturcotte224 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    unfortunately the only way to add screens is to use a home replacement. Using the latest version of Panda I haven't really noticed a slow down. Although I did notice a slow down when I was running ebuddy and a lot of widgets. Maybe another app is contributing to your phone slowing down?

4. brian.bsi

brian.bsi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you seen the black screen when long holding apps on the home screen, or moving from screen to screen

5. cturcotte224

cturcotte224 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No, I have noticed that it will sometimes take a few seconds for my icons to show up when I switch to landscape from portrait, but again only if I'm running an app or two in the background.

6. brian.bsi

brian.bsi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could I trouble you for the version you downloaded?

7. briankeith513

briankeith513 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have really enjoyed the convenience of using 5+ screens, but I found that it slowed down the responsiveness of my Droid. I removed it, and now my Droid is super fast again.

8. friarrexx

friarrexx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know how to eliminate a screen? I've currently got a bunch and wanted to reduce to 5 or so....can't figure out how to do it.

9. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I had two things to post. One was that I created 7 screens, which I don't need and also want to eliminate one or two of them like friarrexx was asking.

The other thing is I'm finding Panda (new stable version) and Google Voice don't like each other at all. I needed to make a couple of fairly important phone calls today and I'd bring up the address book and select the contact and phone number, but it wouldn't dial out. So, I clicked it again, and still no response. Finally after about 2 minutes, voila, it started dialing. So I was talking to my friend for about 2 minutes, all of a sudden I get cut off that call and see my phone is dialing that same friend, because I had made 2 attempts. The same thing happened again to another person I needed to call. So, I uninstalled Google Voice for now and dialing works just fine again.

Has anyone else experienced conflicts between Panda and Google Voice? I really like the idea of my GV number showing up on other people's caller id.

10. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Panda, remove screens by removing all the widgets/icons from that screen. There cannot be any populated screens further toward the end.

BTW - on panda home you can have 11 work spaces... pretty crazy

Also FWIW - you people should be downloading the PandaHome NEW version, not the DROID version, as that was only the beta's, the NEW version has been adapted from the beta testing.

11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Thanks for the info how to remove the screens. I got the NEW version yesterday and it installed itself for me. It seems much better, however I'm having that conflict with Google Voice. Hoping someone else can confirm they're having the same issue too.

12. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^NP. I haven't tried GV, but I'll let you know once I do.

Search tags for this page
contact pandathome.com loc:us
info pandathome.com

info@pandathome.com

mail pandathome.com