Panda Home issues

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Any one else experiencing sluggish behavior with Panda Home? I have the latest version installed and have the following problems:

1. Sluggish response
2. Touchscreen sometimes unresponsive when I answer calls
3. Incorrect widget behavior

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not at all. I have quite the opposite experience. Actually PandaHome is one of the more faster and stable home replacement screens.

I would just restart the device and see if it clears it up for you.

If that does not work. Did you notice this happening right after you downloaded Panda or did you download some other apps as well when you got Panda?

This is very important because it could be another app and/or widget that is causing the problem.

marinersontop1

Reaction score
I as well have the widget issue and it drives me mad. I love Panda home but when I have my flip clock up for instance the time changes every time I switch between screens. Does anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I as well have the widget issue and it drives me mad. I love Panda home but when I have my flip clock up for instance the time changes every time I switch between screens. Does anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

I have reported this exact problem to the developer of Beautiful widgets and he blames Panda.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As long as it goes back to the correct time it shouldn't matter.

Mine will do that occasionally. It's only for a second so I don't even care : )

Now if it stays on the wrong time thats a whole other thing.

Xris

Reaction score
It's not done yet by any means.. I still run it. Widget overload kills it.. makes it slow and FC (well, reset itself) a lot. If you install the all PandaBeta, you can watch for beta releases that dont go to the Market. The incremental updates seem to get better with each one.

joesaksx

Reaction score
I was having same prob. Restarted phone and sluggishness went away. Widget issue doesn't bother me.

vivatethi

Reaction score
I accept with information:1. Sluggish response
2. Touchscreen sometimes unresponsive when I answer calls
3. Incorrect widget behavior

mach330

Reaction score
i also have some problems with panda. i noticed that the two sliding screens (the ones you pull up left to right to have one column of shortcuts). i noticed that it always goes back to some default stage. i keep changing the icons/shorcuts in them, but it keeps going back. anyone see this problem?

cgarnes

Reaction score
I had read about Panda Home and all of it's rave reviews, so I downloaded it today, but I just as quickly uninstalled it. It removed my shortcuts on each of my home screens (I put them where I wanted for a reason). I thought, "No biggie, I can just recreate them" - but that did bug me. Finally, when I went through several messages "Force close" or "Wait" - I took option three. Uninstall. Plus, the themes that I found there were just too "not me." I am not into anime, or what looked like childish cartoons (to me). Aerosmith was cool, but the graphics were a bit fuzzy.

mfoshee

Reaction score
Panda home completely froze my droid and caused me to do a hard reset to manufacturer setting im now attempting to reactivate my phone

Xris

Reaction score
Panda home completely froze my droid and caused me to do a hard reset to manufacturer setting im now attempting to reactivate my phone

There's ways around that... I've had panda lock my phone up as well, but you can still get it to be not the default home screen then update it to a working version.

mfoshee

Reaction score
Wish i would have known that bout 2 hours ago... im starting from scratch and i had bout 40 apps that i cant remember... and before anyone tries to shift the blame off of panda home i closed all the apps except panda home and still was slow and glitchy... panda home is a great app if they could fix the bugs