Panda,GDE, Home++ SUDDEN issues?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've been running PandaHome since November 16th and have not had one problem up until this morning. I have not made any changes to the device in regards to apps or widgets. I have not had one force close or hiccup. My device ran perfectly.

This morning I got up and noticed my device said the battery was almost dead. Which was strange because I fully charged it before going to bed (I do not turn device off and everymorning I only see a slight drop in battery). Checked the battery use and nothing out of the ordinary was draining it. Plugged it in and it charged to full in 10 minutes. Which was odd obviously.

Figured since I haven't rebooted in weeks that I would. Thats when the problems started. On a fresh boot Panda was Force closing constantly and I couldn't get the device to respond. After 3 reboots and many FC's I booted into safe mode and deleted PandaHome.

Device is back to normal.

I was just reading in a couple of other threads that people using different home replacements suddenly having force close issues and/or extreme lagginess .

Anybody else experiencing this today or within the past couple days?

It's just very strange because I have not had one problem and did not update anything and was suddenly hit with FC's literally overnight.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll just mention that I'm using PandaHome, and haven't noticed any issues (so far... crosses fingers).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Home++......2 FC's today while coming off the lock screen. Nothing major

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing out of the ordinary for me.. (Home++)

g8gt2012

Reaction score
I've had home++ FC maybe 2-3 times on 2 separate days this week. But I have just installed Camera Zoom FX and BW so that could be why, not that big of a deal to me because it's a work in progress.

vonfink13

Reaction score
gde is brutal these days with all the fc's..i may not be able to wait for 2.1 to get rid of it..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled Home++ a few days ago because it was giving me FCs but not to the point that your Panda was. I would get maybe 3-4 a day when leaving apps or unlocking but not constant FCs that required safemode or anything.

NoKz

Reaction score
Home++ started to FC a lot on me, so I went to the 2.0.1 rom with 2.1 apps. I've been using the new launcher and it runs fine. So I guess no more Home++ for me. Too bad, I like it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Home++ seems to be working fine for me, there was an update either today or yesterday.

Mmracing

Reaction score
No problems here with GDE. I have never gotten a FC with it.

meekless

Reaction score
i have had Panda for several weeks now, and have never had a FC. sometimes can be laggy for 2-5 seconds, but overall a great home replacement.

dont know what i will do though when 2.1 hits

dihtn

Reaction score
I had been running Panda for a few weeks and on Tuesday my phone was locking up. I unistalled Panda and it was fine. I then installed Home++ and so far, so good. I was worried when Home++ had the update this week but it did not effect the phone.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Just updated home++ to .14, he rolled back because apparently .15 was a failed attempt. Possibly fix the FC problems?

hbaublit

Reaction score
Been Running Panda for a while, and yes Force close and lockups today make me want to throw my Droid out the window Damn I like it to. Guess I will try something else for now