Panda,GDE, Home++ SUDDEN issues?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cereal killer, Jan 7, 2010.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I've been running PandaHome since November 16th and have not had one problem up until this morning. I have not made any changes to the device in regards to apps or widgets. I have not had one force close or hiccup. My device ran perfectly.

This morning I got up and noticed my device said the battery was almost dead. Which was strange because I fully charged it before going to bed (I do not turn device off and everymorning I only see a slight drop in battery). Checked the battery use and nothing out of the ordinary was draining it. Plugged it in and it charged to full in 10 minutes. Which was odd obviously.

Figured since I haven't rebooted in weeks that I would. Thats when the problems started. On a fresh boot Panda was Force closing constantly and I couldn't get the device to respond. After 3 reboots and many FC's I booted into safe mode and deleted PandaHome.

Device is back to normal.

I was just reading in a couple of other threads that people using different home replacements suddenly having force close issues and/or extreme lagginess .

Anybody else experiencing this today or within the past couple days?

It's just very strange because I have not had one problem and did not update anything and was suddenly hit with FC's literally overnight.
  2. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

I'll just mention that I'm using PandaHome, and haven't noticed any issues (so far... crosses fingers).
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Home++......2 FC's today while coming off the lock screen. Nothing major
  4. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Nothing out of the ordinary for me.. (Home++)
  5. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

I've had home++ FC maybe 2-3 times on 2 separate days this week. But I have just installed Camera Zoom FX and BW so that could be why, not that big of a deal to me because it's a work in progress.
  6. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

gde is brutal these days with all the fc's..i may not be able to wait for 2.1 to get rid of it..
  7. gardobus

gardobus New Member

I uninstalled Home++ a few days ago because it was giving me FCs but not to the point that your Panda was. I would get maybe 3-4 a day when leaving apps or unlocking but not constant FCs that required safemode or anything.
  8. NoKz

NoKz New Member

Home++ started to FC a lot on me, so I went to the 2.0.1 rom with 2.1 apps. I've been using the new launcher and it runs fine. So I guess no more Home++ for me. Too bad, I like it.
  9. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Home++ seems to be working fine for me, there was an update either today or yesterday.
  10. KarenElissa

KarenElissa New Member

Panda seems to be running fine for me.
  11. Mmracing

Mmracing New Member

No problems here with GDE. I have never gotten a FC with it.
  12. meekless

meekless New Member

i have had Panda for several weeks now, and have never had a FC. sometimes can be laggy for 2-5 seconds, but overall a great home replacement.

dont know what i will do though when 2.1 hits
  13. dihtn

dihtn New Member

I had been running Panda for a few weeks and on Tuesday my phone was locking up. I unistalled Panda and it was fine. I then installed Home++ and so far, so good. I was worried when Home++ had the update this week but it did not effect the phone.
  14. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Just updated home++ to .14, he rolled back because apparently .15 was a failed attempt. Possibly fix the FC problems?
  15. hbaublit

hbaublit New Member

Been Running Panda for a while, and yes Force close and lockups today make me want to throw my Droid out the window Damn I like it to. Guess I will try something else for now
  16. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Im using Home++ and haven't had any problems at all. I had an update for it today but nothing other than that.

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  17. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Droid - Panda Home

Panda Home runs great on my Droid.

No issues! Not even any FC's.

:motdroidhoriz: Eddie
  18. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Got the Panda home update last night, and after restarting my phone, it seemed to lock up...

But, and this may be a key issue, I also had mylock installed and it sorta took over when I unlocked the screen. I was able to get to a task manager and kill panda home, but each time it restarted it was still locked, no widgets or icons and wouldn't let me switch screens or open the app drawer. Luckily the task manager I use let me switch to settings and then make the normal home screen the default. Uninstalled mylock and rebooted the phone, and it came back up working perfect again with Panda reset as the default home app. So, not sure if it was a weird Panda issue or one with MyLock.
  19. ejbaca03

ejbaca03 New Member

I have Open Home and for the last week, I have been getting a lot of fc's and freeze ups. I have had to reboot and do a few battery pulls to clear it up. I was thinking of uninstalling to see if that would clear the problem but I really dont like the stock home app. Might have to do it to report my results to this thread.
  20. SteelyStan

SteelyStan New Member

Uninstalled PandaHome today at lunch. Was working fine until now, constant FCs, locked black screen, running extremely slow, and wouldn't let me connect to the net. I even had to take the battery out to get my phone to restart at one point.