Panasonic Toughpad A1 and B1 Officially Unveiled; Hardcore Toughness Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;VxGw3zr5u3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VxGw3zr5u3M[/video]​

If you are the kind of user that needs a tablet to work in virtually any environment and/or stand up to severe punishment, then Panasonic has just revealed something you will want to pay attention to. The above video shows off the truly awe inspiring durability of their newest "Tough-line" product, and it's an Android tablet. The new ToughPad A1 10-inch Honeycomb tablet and the new ToughPad B1 7-inch Honeycomb tablet don't have the fastest processors or very many fancy features, but if you need a tablet to operate in harsh conditions, or if you are just prone to breaking things, then this tablet could be perfect for you. Both of these tablets will be coming in 2012, and although the 7-inch B1 doesn't have a price yet, the 10-inch A1 will supposedly retail for a whopping $1299.99! Ouch...

Still, to get a professional grade harsh-environment friendly device that can even stand up to combat and security situations, that is probably an average price for entry. This could be the perfect tool for IT managers of corporations that have employees outside in harsh conditions, or the perfect toy for the rich guy that likes to go mountain climbing and still wants his daily fix of "Angry Birds." What do you guys think?

Source: Panasonic Toughpad A1 and B1 Officially Unveiled - Press Release and Panasonic

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
:icon_ laughup: That's a good one!

Whenever I see a device that can handle this kind of abuse I immediately think "I WANT THAT!" Ever since I saw the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton in it and saw how durable and virtually indestructible all his gadgets and even his car was I was totally intrigued so now that I'm older seeing devices that are durable take me back to those days. If it's good enough for Batman, it's good enough for me! :laugh: For some reason I feel I'm getting a higher quality product for a fair price especially when compared to the cheap-kid's-toy gadgets that some manufactures release. I expect to be able to upgrade my gadget when I'm absolutely ready to, not be forced to upgrade because the gadget is a p.o.s. that breaks in 3 to 6 months. You know that saying, "they don't make 'em like they used to." Well they should, and it looks like Panasonic gets that. :clap:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I like it!!!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Although this thing looks like a beast, I think that $1300 is going to be hard for many people to swallow.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although this thing looks like a beast, I think that $1300 is going to be hard for many people to swallow.

lol ill be surprised if they sell 10

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
lol ill be surprised if they sell 10

Due to the price tag, it's likely that these things will be relegated to government agencies and the military, with everyday people purchasing them few and far between.

rza49311

Reaction score
Due to the price tag, it's likely that these things will be relegated to government agencies and the military, with everyday people purchasing them few and far between.

yep, they would be cool for field sales but without windows, what's a company to do, write their own app for it???....yeah right.

Jonas

Reaction score
I would definitely be up for buying this is the price tag wasn't worth double my yearly motorcycle insurance. I am all about tough stuff, and this one looks pretty cool. I'm joining the Air Force, maybe I'll see one while I'm in there. I'll be dealing with tech stuff anyway lol!

azules9780

Reaction score
This was developed and built with the military primarily in mind. Police, Fire and EMS will see the trickle down effect and yes, you will see some private corporations buy into it as well but I bet less than 1000 will be sold to the private citizen to have just for sh*ts and giggles. Furthering that point, I don't see them developing something this hardcore unless they already at 100k sold already and the only way to do that is with government contracts.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ahhh this brings back memories of my Toughbook I owned years ago. I can attest to the fact that Panasonic knows what they are doing when it comes to basically bulletproofing electronics. I literally beat the heck out of that thing on the job and it NEVER let me down or failed. I am more than happy to pay the price tag for this tablet.