Palm Users Who Changed to Droid?

hush

Reaction score
B-Folders

B-Folders can import Palm notes and contacts now. When I started using it, it could not do that and I had to manually transfer my data from Palm desktop and other wallet applications that I used at that time. Now I use only B-Folders for all my personal data and it syncs great. You have to check it out:

B-Folders

Moreover, it can keep nested folders, notes in folders can be reorder as you wish, just like nothing out there!

gretaperl

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm an old Palm user and this is where I am -- considering a Droid and hoping for some hand-holding.

I started using a PDA about 1997 and have been through the Zaurus, Palm Pilot, Handspring Visor, Sony Clie, and finally upgraded to one with a phone 4 years ago with the Palm Centro. One button on my Centro has gotten quirky, so I need to upgrade, and will have to bite the bullet and pay for online access (yeah, I'm really cheap).

My biggest concerns are transferring my data (calendar back to 1997, lots of memos sorted into categories) and being able to back it all up on my PC. I don't like backing up online. I have to have a physical keyboard, preferably a good-sized one -- it won't bother me if the device itself is pretty big.

Any suggestions for what Droid models to look at would be welcome, as well as the latest info on how to transfer Palm data and how to back up on PC.

Thanks so much!
Greta