1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Painfully slow market

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tehstevo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

The froyo Market has been a hot topic as of late, but I'm having an issue that I can't seem to resolve (other than by using a different ROM).

The Market works, just VERY slowly. I'm talking each page can take upwards up 30 or 40 seconds. Finding an app to download takes about 3 minutes yet download speeds are pretty good, not quite as fast as before but not as horrendous as the browsing speeds.

I've done some homework and have tried some fixes:
    1) Disabling automatic Market backups and updates did not change anything
    2) Bill's Market fix did not help (it's hard to tell if I can see everything since it takes soo long to search)
    3) It's not an issue of still syncing as I've had this setup running for nearly 4 days now and everything else is synced up (including my downloaded apps).

Some info of my setup:
    BB Froyo 0.21 (have had this issue w 0.1, 0.2, and 0.21)
    Have tried a fresh install and data/cache clear
    Market backup/auto-update disabled
    Bill's Market fix installed

Anyone have any thoughts? If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them as best as I can. Thanks! :dancedroid:
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Yea I did a system reset couple days ago and been super slow since then, thought it was because of the reset.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Mine varies. Typically, anytime I receive an app update notification it takes longer to connect to the market. Yesterday, I did several searches and at times I was able to connect immediately at other times it took 20 to 30 seconds. Once connected, I've not experienced any delay during the actual download even when I do multiple downloads.

Just tapped my Market icon and connected in about 5 seconds.
    Mike
  4. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

I wish I had any periods of decent speeds. It seems like no matter what I'm doing, where, or what time of day it is, my market is always slow. :(
  5. temchik

temchik New Member

I bet it's due to all the Froyo roms being installed and re-downloading all the apps :)
  6. atomicsunset

atomicsunset New Member

I've noticed crawling speeds, buttons taking a while to load (install, comments) and sluggish download starts once the images and buttons load. I have noticed this on many roms lately (bugless, jrummy) before and after froyo. So I wish I had an answer. I'm actually hoping someone can answer. I can say that after a few days my marketplace is back to the normal speed. If it's a syncing issue how can i manually speed this up?
  7. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

Possible, however I doubt this because of the 15 droids at my office (12 of which are running a modded ROM) I am the only one with network issues. I find it odd that only 1 phone would have Market issues, especially when we generally all update ROMs on the same (release) day that they are available. All of their phones have resolved any lag issues except mine. :(

Also, if I swap to another ROM image or install a non-BBfroyo ROM I don't have any Market issues. I've tried Kangerade and had no Market issues there either. :(

Thanks for the replies though everyone. Anyone else have any more thoughts?
  8. Nicko01

Nicko01 New Member

I'm also having this issue... Tried the market fix, tried a full data and cache wipe... I don't know what else to do at this point.
  9. sbcale

sbcale New Member

I am on Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57 as well and going into the Market is like watching paint dry. Also SetCPU always fails on install. Very frustrating!
  10. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Well, it seems to have sped up a lot since yesterday. No more lag here.
  11. broosewee

broosewee New Member

I had this problem consistently when using BB froyo 0.2.

It's normal now after I installed 0.2.1. Not sure if that's the reason, but it was like a light switch just came on.
  12. SemperDroid

SemperDroid New Member

I can download fine, but my apps hang on install. Any thoughts on how to fix this.

I have wiped the data and cache.
    Restored multiple images
    Currently running v0.2.1 w/ NexTheme

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  13. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

I'm still having issues. I did a fresh wipe and installed Kangerade (green theme) and still my Market hangs. The only constant is that im using Pete's baseband update. Other people at my office are running that and they are having 0 issues.

I'm really not sure what could be causing these issues, especially since there are like 6 different kinds of Market problems going on.
  14. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Is there anyway to edit the build.prop so the Market will be able to show 2.2 apps? Like other 2.2 users are able to download Flash from the Market. I'm not sure if there is a script or something that can allow us to see all the apps?