Paid app transfer from 1 phone to another question...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I saw someone post something about being able to transfer paid apps to another phone and i think mentioning something about having to keep the receipt/email along with the app in order to get it to work right on another phone. Is this true? I've been looking for the person who posted this in another thread and cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Am I suppose to transfer the APK to another phone and then sign into my google account on the other phone and keep the email receipt on that phone? Kind of far-fetched work-around but just wondering.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If this if for like an upgrade or replacement all you do is log in with your google account and your paid apps will definately auto restore. Non paid sometimes auto restore and sometimes dont. When I got a replacement phone this is how it worked for me.

If this is for sharing between two currently activated phones. That amounts to stealing and is not allowed to be discussed on DF.
Sent from somewhere...

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's in the category of stealing but this got me wondering about it from time to time. Only time I would do something like that is if an app cost way too much to get onto the other phone. Like LogMeIn Ignition, that app alone is $30. Apps that are like $3 or under, I don't mind paying for again on the other phone at all. I always support hard working devs that create apps to make things easier in different areas for us.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
let me start by saying I don't condone pirating of apps. But if you have apps you paid for then keeping them is important.

I moved all my apps....paid and not when I transfered phones....simply took all the APK's off my phone and copied them onto the other then installed them. Most will come back from your google account....the others will work once they too are able to "validate" or whatever.

This is my opinions based off my experiences. This may not be fact.

I have gone through an OG Droid and now 7 D2's and kept all my apps without having to repay for a single one with this method.