Page Plus, setup advice please

brian315

Reaction score
I have my phone on Page Plus and have only 20meg of data per month. What are your recomendations for setup on my D3?

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Hmm... 20MB is not much, you should make sure you set up your D3 to only update via wifi, which can be done from the Play store (android market) under your settings. That will save you some money.

OP
B

brian315

Reaction score
Ok I see your refering to "Google Play" I'm assuming, that brings up another question about data usage, I set background data to off and use wifi for sync and data, it seems that some aps like "play" need background data tuned on in order to work, will the data be transmitted through wifi or though my Page Plus account?

olorolo

Reaction score
Ok I see your refering to "Google Play" I'm assuming, that brings up another question about data usage, I set background data to off and use wifi for sync and data, it seems that some aps like "play" need background data tuned on in order to work, will the data be transmitted through wifi or though my Page Plus account?
WiFi as long as you set it to that, you should also get google voice for free sms on WiFi and groove ip will give you free calling on WiFi

grayarea21

Reaction score
WiFi as long as you set it to that, you should also get google voice for free sms on WiFi and groove ip will give you free calling on WiFi
I installed both google voice and the free version of groove ip. I am able to send free sms using google voice. I am also able to make free outgoing calls using groove ip. However, how do I receive incoming calls through groove ip? When I tried calling the google voice number that I associated with groove ip, it only rings to my landline phone and not the cell phone. The landline is phone is the phone I associated my google talk account to. Why doesn't the groove ip app. ring as well on my cell phone so I can answer from there? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nvm, I fixed it. So what you have to do is on your browser, sign into the google voice number. Then go to the top right and go into your settings. Once in the settings, you have to make it forward your calls to "google chat" instead of the landline phone number. Then, it will ring on your cell phone instead of ringing on your landline.

Last edited:

olorolo

Reaction score
I installed both google voice and the free version of groove ip. I am able to send free sms using google voice. I am also able to make free outgoing calls using groove ip. However, how do I receive incoming calls through groove ip? When I tried calling the google voice number that I associated with groove ip, it only rings to my landline phone and not the cell phone. The landline is phone is the phone I associated my google talk account to. Why doesn't the groove ip app. ring as well on my cell phone so I can answer from there? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nvm, I fixed it. So what you have to do is on your browser, sign into the google voice number. Then go to the top right and go into your settings. Once in the settings, you have to make it forward your calls to "google chat" instead of the landline phone number. Then, it will ring on your cell phone instead of ringing on your landline.
Exactly you answered before I could respond :D

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk