page optimized for android device

lumelo

Reaction score
hey guys. i'm new to the site and i was wondering if any of you were experiencing the same issue i'm having with certain web pages. what i've got is a droid x and when i go to certain web pages on it, i don't get the same view as i do on my laptop and there is no option at the bottom of my droid to view the entire page. the message at the bottom, however, says that the page is optimized for droid devices and when i called the page administrator he told me that my mobile device is not formatted to read the files that are on their site, so i cannot view the videos from my droidx. my question is......is there a way around this, such as an app, or do i just have to live with it? any help is appreciated. thanks

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
U can change read settins to pc read.
Open browser on phone
Google page shows up
Type in about:debug ( in url bar)
Hit enter or go
It will appear nothing happened but hit menu-settings- then scroll to last option(ua string)
Open that option and select pc
Back out.
This will make every web page load on your phone just like on your pc

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
L

lumelo

Reaction score
thanks. this helped out tremendously. i did discover that after i adjusted to those settings that some of my sites where i have to look up model numbers and parts diagrams, i could not access them so i had to go to my browser settings again and "reset to default". after that i had no problem . i guess i can just toggle the settings back and forth. if i risk compromising the droids programming please let me know. again, THANKS

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Any way to save the setting? After I did this I reset my x hoping it would save but it doesn't every time I wanna see pc pages have to do all over any way to save the setting?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm. Never had a need to keep it so im not sure. I would think it would just stick.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nope. Your fine.