P3Droid vs ChevyNo1 1GHz Froyo Kernels: Which is best for stock FRG22D?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by r314bd, Sep 1, 2010.

1. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I'm looking to run a 1GHz kernel with my stock FRG22D. I've heard good things about both P3Droid and ChevyNo1 but I don't know which is better and whether to go with Ultra Low Voltage, Low Voltage, or Standard Voltage...if anyone could point me in either direction that'd be great :)

P3Droid Kernels

ChevyNo1 Kernels
  2. sranger

sranger New Member

Both are good, however each will run differently on different phones... All you can do I try and see what happens...
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well said. Discussing which kernel is best equates to a discussion of what ROM is best. Whatever works best in your Droid.

I personally have never used Chevy's kernels, but I'm sure they are excellent because he cares about his work and the people in the community.
  4. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Im on Chevy 1.2 ULV on Rubik 2.0 stock 22D right now and it's wonderful. Im typically on Liquid's ROM's and the same kernel.

I hardly ever clock it higher than 1.1 though. Got a 1598 yesterday at 1.0 and the phone is just running well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. bastosero

bastosero New Member

I've tried P3's kernel and I switched back to Chevy's because P3's kernel wouldn't show the CPU temperature on my Droid for some reason (even though on P3's site it says it's endorsed by TempMonitor...go figure). Right now I'm using Chevy's 1.2GHz ULV. It works great. :)
  6. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Just reitterating what as said above. Every phone is unique due to loose quality control on the parts inside the phone. Chevy's kernels seems to be most popular. But I can't get them to perform on my phone. I run p3's kernels with no problems at all.

Low voltage, ultra low voltage, stock voltage? Again...I used to run low voltage just fine but lately have issues with them.

I am currently running the stock kernel over clocked to 800 and liking it.

Try various kernels. If you find you're experiencing force closes then try a different voltage. If that doesn't solve it, try a different kernel. Log all your force closes so you can look back and evalutae it yourself. It takes time to find the one that fits like a glove on your own phone. Don't bother sharing the results with us cuz it is pointless.

Nate
  7. slreno

slreno New Member

newb here but heres my 2 cents also..
    tried chevys on my droid 1 with 2.2 and it would lock the phone up in setcpu and my gallery and just seemed jerky at 1.0 ghz switched to p3droid and phones runs excellent now at 1.0 ghz. just funny the way some kernels work and dont work on the exact same phones.
  8. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Yeah im about the same as everyone else i have tried both and depending on the rom you run it really it depends on the kernal aswell..Right now im running PROJECT ELITE and the SLAYER kernals run flawless were the chevyno1 and P3 kernals not so much. But like everyone has said it depends on the phone..
  9. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    I've done a whole lot of work with FRG22D and the feedback I get is a resounding Chevy, but with that said every phone is created differently. My advice for you is to run both of them and see which one you like better. I will also agree that Chevy is very dedicated and does great work for the Android/Droid community. He's one of my favs. I :heart: Chevy. lol